Guardian mage tower

You don’t need old gear to complete it, just need proper consumables.

I did it with my standard shadowlands gear.

I did it this morning on third attempt after spending thousands of gold on consumables from old world that are jacked up in price because of this. That’s poor design, imo.

I had the mechanics down perfectly, after wiping to him at 5-8% probably 30 times. Once the consumables though, it felt like the dps was finally properly tuned, which is bad design. If you do all the mechanics right, even do proper dps rotation, you’re not going to get it without that extra damage which is not a great design.

Thousands have completed the challenge without using consumables, Myself included.

Pots and flasks we’re being sold for over 20k on my server and I refused to buy them out of spite.

Stop making up false narratives.

Doubtful. Did a handful do it? Sure. I’d wager 99.9% used consumables. The damage needed to kill Krull is silly, and not even a ‘good’ mechanic check. We have like three to four damage buttons, the other tanking and positioning mechanics are fine. The amount of damage needed to kill him is not.

Not @ 20,000+ gold a pot they didn’t.

Thats the challenge…

Avoid multiple threats all while maintaining max uptime on target.

If you’re suggesting that they lower the hp of the mobs so that all one has to do is dance around avoiding fire, then it seems you’ve missed the point of the challenge completely.

It’s not meant to be easy.

I suppose you think the healing challenge should be just heals also?

Just Krull. There is also more than just stay out of fire. The fire is probably the least concerning mechanic.

The mechanics are fine, and the fact you need to kill him while juggling 3-4 mechanics is fine. I’m saying you shouldn’t need to farm old trinkets or spend thousands on consumables to get that last 8% because his hp is high for what they scale you down too. Like I said, I got it but find it ridiculous that 1) the only form you can get like this is behind a challenge mode that doesn’t feel properly tuned for dps mechanics and 2) the fact you need to farm old specific trinkets and spend thousands of gold to get consumables due to the tuning of it.

Congrats that you did without. That doesn’t change the above. That’s like saying I ate today so there is no world hunger.

….And you don’t.

Those items make it easier, but contrary to what you’re saying here. He’s been killed without consumables/trinkets.

One guy killed him without even using bear form. It’s on YouTube.

Swing and a miss.

You’re saying it cant be done and it’s overturned.

That’s Blatantly false.

Did they make it easier? Absolutely. Had they been cheaper I would have used them also. But they were by no means required for a kill.

Exactly…. dodging multiple infernals while playing jump rope over beams and interrupting adds/boss and using cds is easy.

I could do that all day.

It’s doing those things while doing max dps on the boss where it becomes challenging.

If you couldn’t kill him before his soft enrage (annihilate) kills you, it’s because you:

1. Didn’t follow the #1 rule. Always be casting.
  2. Used berserk/incarn at the wrong time.

Simple as that.

We’re just going to disagree here then. A very, very minute fraction of percent of people do it without consumables.

Everyone else has to use it. That means it’s overturned. If it was for a unique skin, I wouldn’t care. It’s the only way to get that model now. I’m done responding to you, since it’s no longer adding to the conversation.

A statistic you fabricated out of thin air.

C’mon man…. We talked about this.

I used shadowlands consumables too so I didn’t use any jacked up AH price item.

Third phase you can do more than enough DPS as long as you have a lot of up time. If you’re getting knocked around too much then you’ll likely fail every time from losing 20+ seconds of DPS time.

It’s definitely not easy, but going nuts getting old items and consumables is definitely not needed.

I think it was Flaps or someone that did the math on it.

The trinket and pots worked out to maybe 10 seconds saved. If that…

Got it after like 30k worth of consumables that’s all I know haha too many to count

Is there a way to get the other color variations? Or if you didn’t get it in legion the fel bear is the only option

There isnt, which is ridiculous.

They should retroactively give old Legion Mage Tower completionist like a lightly armored tattooed werebear.
Keep the Fel Werebear for the returned tower.

and make the baseline Werebear colors options for anyone that conpleted it at any time.

I’d be fine with just one “natural” themed one. I play a druid you know?

Dont look back and wish about what could have been.
Look forward at what CAN be.

Dragonflight brings with it more potential new forms.

Who wants chad bear when you can be a dragon!
A Drakonid form perhaps.

Drakonid are mortals empowered by the dragons they serve, via intentional alteration or via “unintended side effect of hanging out with dragons”.

Makes sense for druids spending lots of time with dragons to take on a form of their own.

1 Like

Yes, would love some new stuff.