Guardian 8.3

Yes. I have no troubles being shown that I’m wrong. People saying “you’re wrong. Show evidence” while not giving anything in return aside from “youre wrong” doesn’t prove anything.

You could say your eyes are brown, which they may be. And I could say you’re wrong. Nothing is shown, and therefore nothing is proven. Plain and simple.

I’m all about learning new thibgs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof_(philosophy)#Proving_a_negative
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof_(law)
Literally cannot prove a negative. Burden of proof is on the one making the claim.

Believe it or not, answering the same questions and arguing the same arguments rapidly becomes really, really annoying. You gradually become almost unreasonably annoyed by simple queries due to simple repetition. It’s why the pins exist in discords.

So no, I have no desire to argue with you, unless you bring something to argue over.

So by claiming to prove a negative, you’re saying there’s no evidence of the people you named, actually having done the numbers to prove me wrong?

Either way, doesn’t matter. Best or on par or just below, they scale extremely well

What.

back this statement or stop spreading lies and gibberish

How is it a lie and/or gibberish?

Iron Fur being their defensive runs solely based off of Agility. A main stat.

Iron Fur adds armor, per agility points, which reduces damage.

The more agility you have, the more armor you gain, the higher the damage reduction. So it’s not a set amount, and it’s not governed by percentages of a secondary stat. The more you have, the less damage you take. Not a “25% CHANCE to block an attack” or anything along those lines. It’s straight up damage reduction.

Your primary stat is the stat that’ll increase the most. So from launch day of the xpac to last tier in the xpac, Agility will have grown more than any other stat, which directly ties into the amount of damage reduction you gain.

Yes I do realize it’s not a linear scale, otherwise you’d have some ridiculous damage reduction (like 175%) at the end of an xpac. But neither does it stagnate either.

If that’s not a good example of good scaling, then please Mr Allknowing, show the path of total enlightenment.

1 Like

Which is the same for every tank.

Which is the same as every other tanks AM ability.

Which, is the same, as every other tank’s AM.

…what are you talking about.

You mean like other tank’s mitigation?

Just. Like. Every. Other. Tank.

I literally don’t even know what to do with this.

Your entire reasoning for guardian scaling better than other tanks is that it’s mitigation scales with it’s primary stat.

But every tank’s mitigation scales with their primary stat.

Like what the actual hell.

It’s what he does. Just report and move on. His recent activity log is pretty funny, nothing for 2 months (hm… I wonder why…) and then BAM! 60 nasty and insulting posts within hours of each other, all at once. And it’s not just here, it’s on every forum he goes to.

5 Likes

The BrM nerfs are trivial. Nor are they touching the unique benefits BrM has that nobody else can touch (like Ox Statue and Transcendence).

People aren’t asking YOU questions, they are asking the whole Warcraft community of which you are only a single person. If your replies are annoying you then don’t post, because they are annoying to many of us as well.

5 Likes

Okay so let’s do some quick math

Assuming same armor pieces (we’ll just use 1 for simplicity sake)

Druid: Shoulderpads is Frothing Rage
259 armor
539 agility

259 * 3.25 (bear form) 842
539 * 1.75 (iron fur bonus) 943
Total armor = 1785

Warrior: Pauldrons of Fanatical Might
569 armor
539 strength

569 * 1 (armor bonus) 569
539 * 1.6 (vanguard) 910
Total armor = 1479

Damage reduction due to armor rating is the same across the board. Plate armor will have more armor per piece than Leather (obviously). And that’s why Leather wearers get a bonus, to make up the difference.

So at a 2,000 (str/ahi) point increase over a span of time, a Druid will gain 3500 armor rating, and the Warrior only 3200.

Now I’m not saying the power rankings or anything else will change or shift or be overthrown. A lot of other factors and stats come into play for that. A Warriors overall mitigation will always surpass a Druids (as far as BfA is concerned). But I’m just talking about scaling.

A Druids power ranking may go drom 35-55 over the course of the expansion, while a Warrior goes from 75-90. Warrior is still superior, but within their own power rankings, a Druids strengths will jump ahead more than a Warriors.

Scale better. Not become better

Edit: Used Armor Rating and damage reduction from it since it’s universal and can be directly compared. Whereas you could do thst with a Monks Stagger vs Warriors Shield Block, due to the properties in which they function and operate

So you’re going to keep making claims that the entire guardian community disagrees with, and defend none of them? Let’s go back to anything in the past. Like when you would routinely lie about the relative armour of guardian compared to warriors. Or when you argued and insulted me over the subject of guardians progressing in the world top 50 ranks, and I had to fine you multiples of both guardian and vdh and then you magically just…stopped replying. What happens every time, you lie to people, I call you out, you reply with arrogance and snark, I provide actual evidence to my point, and then you suddenly just have nothing to say.

Please, by all means, back your statements in this thread or others.

But you’re still failing to account for the fact that literally every tank’s mitigation scales with their primary stat.

Like seriously. Go ready a wowhead tooltip or something, or read literally any guides. Ironfur. Is not. the only mitigation. That scales. With Primary stat.

I did not say they are asking specifically me questions. But they are getting wrong answers. Which is why I step in.

You, sure. And some actually like what I say. And I’d be willing to wager the majority don’t even know who I am, or care. So honestly, the vocal minority of likes/dislikes Drez are both pretty irrelevant.

Yes, it was already taken into account and mentioned on my post.

The power gain a Druid acquires throughout an expansions timeline increases more than that of the Warriors.

But it doesn’t make the Druid stronger or better than the Warrior. Just that they had more growth overall. Last place is last place no matter how much you catch up to the guy in front of you. If you don’t surpass them, you’re still last

No. It was not. That’s the actual point.

I think raidwide stampeding roar needs to be the buff for guardians.

One more thing I’d like to see reverted is the cooldown of shifting. Being able to instantly shift out of root effects is really cool. But now, that short cooldown can be deadly as a tank.

So my wish list of un-prunes would be:
Intimidating Roar
Fae Silence
Bloody Paws
Stampeding Roar (Glyphed version)
Rage of the Sleeper

a lot of the azerite needs to just be made baseline for bears. fleshrending should be baseline. gory regeneration should just be combined with guardians wrath have maul extend the duration of ironfur and regeneration by 2 seconds.

vomits explosively

4 Likes

Lol… at this point they could completely remove Maul and I’d just happily spam Moonfire and Gore/BoS procs for the meme… /sigh

4 Likes

The corrupted agi weapon from the raid is looking really sweet, although that’ll take up our corruption resistance for a while.

I can’t wait to explode on a huge group of mobs for 8k dps per mob.

1 Like