Guardian 8.3

Any updates to guardian?

Nope not yet.

A few changes to some Essences but not anything specifically related to Guardians.

Guardian isn’t going to get anything till 9.0. It’ll be fine just stack absorb shields for all the magic damage. That’s all we can do for now.

Is the alchemy 440 trinket BIS for guardian ? Or better than either edicts or Ashvane trinket ?

Edict will be really good for progression. Both the alchemy and urchin will be good but I think will be outshined by the titanshards from Ra-Den.

I would put the EP trinkets as the top survival.

The alchemy trinket is really good and simmed 600 more dps than a 450 Harlan’s Dice. Prob better defense too with BiS itemization.

Stampeding Roar must be raid-wide, its distance coverage right now is mediacore.
Bear damage is still too low, needs 20% buff.
Mangle needs to generate more rage, and Swipe should generate rage also.
Uptime on ironfur needs to be increased by 2 seconds.

3 Likes

Blizzard seems very happy with Brewmasters outnumbering all other tanks combined.

2 Likes

I’m sorry but your bear damage data is from where? You realize we do just as much as the rest of the tanks Single Target?

2 Likes
  1. Soul of the Forest is your solution. Or get the Burst or Savagery Azerite trait do you get more Mangle casts

2. Bear damage is fine. Little on the low end, but we just need an offensive cool down rather than an overall damage buff - Twisted Claws + Wild Fleshrending will ramp up damage.

3. Swipe is fine as it is

4. We have 100% uptime on IF as is with stacks overlapping. It’s fine as it is

2 Likes

Pretty sure you are being sarcastic, but if true, that’s a very troubling statistic. Are Warriors no longer super popular in M+?

From what I saw from the Blizzcon summaries, no specs are getting much change. Bear needs a lot, and not just number tweaking. I agree that the range or Stamp Roar should be increased. But Bears should also get a slow, ranged silence, AoE cc, DPS cooldown.

Blizzard said no big changes but to them a “big change” is class reworks. With them adding things baseline we’ll be getting new talents and such.

Referring to the harder progression bosses on Mythic Eternal Palace (Queen’s Court, Za’Qul, Azshara). Orgozoa deserves a special mention since if you double-Brewmaster it, you don’t need a 3rd tank. It’s the only tank class that can 2-tank it (but only if both are Brewmasters).

But the same things that make Brewmasters better than everyone else in Mythic are still present at all levels of content. They’re just not apparent since much of the game (esp. queued content) could be tanked by a Rogue or Priest or Hunter pet or anyone, really. So people don’t notice.

Bear doesn’t seem that bad to me really. A little simple perhaps compared to other tanks but it still holds its own. My guild uses one on mythic azhara which we have killed twice now. I’m probably going to tank more on my bear in 8.3 since I faction changed and left my warrior behind until I get more gold.

Bear isn’t bad by any means. It just can’t compete in the top 2% of content in the game.

And people who play at that level don’t spend their time complaining about bears in the forums about what needs changed and how they’re “trash”

4 Likes

Oh… so the population discrepancy is only for those bosses? I thought you were referring to the tank population as a whole.

Right. I play Bear for a number of reasons. Being best suited to completing to highest difficulty Raid content is not one of them. Balance as all levels of content is important, but to me, I’m looking primarily for the fun factor. A slow to allow for good kiting would be fun. A ranged silence or some other means of moving casters would be fun. A DPS cooldown would be fun. Disorienting the trash pack for a couple seconds would be fun. Stampeding Roar for the whole raid team would be fun. Being able to use the cool legion forms WITHOUT WEARING THOSE STUPID OVEN MITTS would be fun.

2 Likes

Slow: Vortex + Typhoon. One, or both. They work

Interrupt: we don’t have a 30 yard interrupt, but it’s got more range than a Warriors or Paladins (minus shield)

DPS cd: on my wishlist as well

Disorient: we’ve got an AoE silence! Close. Could be a Tauren and get an AoE stun!

Roar: Havent raided with this guy, but didn’t it used to be raid wide regardless of distance?

Yeah… that can work. We used to have a slow baked into Thrash. It’d be nice to have that back.

We used to have Fae Silence. That would get a caster to move into melee range. We can still LOS them, of course, but I think Fae Silence was fun.

But for a short time it was a fun AoE Fear. At first it was bad because the mobs would scatter and pull other packs, so they changed it to a Cower effect. But it broke immediately on damage. After many months, they finally fixed it. And it lasted one patch and they deleted it. I liked it. It was fun to be able to run into the pack and freeze them for a couple secs so the dps and healers could get a leg up on it.

It had a talent or something that reduced the cooldown and increased the radius to like 50 yards or something, so naturally everyone took that talent.

–
Anyway, I hope with the notion that they floated about this being the expansion of the “un-pruning”, that some of these are on the table to be re-introduced.

1 Like

They’re literally nerfing brm. But please, spread more incorrect crap again. We’ve gone rounds before, and you’ve come up short every time.

Jesus Christ, no.

I mean, not really, but sure, go on telling yourself that.

The statistics aren’t exactly under lock and key, mate.

This is patently false. Tank combinations not including double brm have 2 tanked orgo, as early on as wr ~70. Keep spreading false information because you’re not happy until guardian is overpowered as hell, mate.

But it literally did this tier, what?

I mean, it literally can do that, but ok sure

1 Like

Wow, Drew. You really had to poke in with that kind of attitude?

You misinterpret what I’m saying. I think Bear needs a lot of little things to make it more fun (as opposed to MOAR DAMAGES). Little things like the stuff I mentioned - a slow on Thrash, ranged silence, AoE cc, (and yes a dps cooldown as one of a number of improvements Bears could use).

I asked the question is all. Why are you being a jackass about it?

Again, you completely misinterpret what I said. What I said was that the important part for ME is the fun factor. I don’t do cutting edge difficulty stuff, so how competitive Bears are at that level is not important TO ME. Maybe they are and maybe they aren’t. But I don’t really care about that as much as I care about how fun it is FOR ME playing at the content level I enjoy, i.e. M+10-13 and Heroic Raid and World Quests.

Drew, you’re smart about the game. I’ve told you this before. But when you dive in antagonistically like this, you sound more like a troll than an intelligent player with a different perspective.

3 Likes