Grouping in the Shadowlands

any chance we get infos about the server queues that thousands of us had to experience?

Fix it for max level maw now

4 Likes

Can we lock summon around this as a player-driven fix? Still a pain to force flying away from content to join a party.

Thank you.

im confused as f, why didn’t they just fix it for all levels?

1 Like

This would have only made sense as a War Mode only thing and only if War Mode were changed to be a PvP exclusive mode with no PvE bonus and PvE WQs completely removed from the mode and replaced with only PvP activities.

It obviously was never going to be received well in either mode as long as both are primarily used to do world PvE content. I’m confused why you even tried it given the current state of both modes being 99% people doing PvE world content.

1 Like

How about you fix it where the open world feels like less of a single player and more of an MMO.

IM BORED TO DEATH. I run into 1-2 other characters all night.

5 Likes

That’s either a:

• you issue, in that you are playing on either a dead set of servers or outside peak for your time zone.
  • Bad luck in that every else on the shard might just be off somewhere else.
  • Or Blizzard have not got sharding right, still.

Next time do a /who and see how many show up, if it is 50+ and you see only a few all night, it might be an issue.

I am just wondering why they even had the issue OP noted in the first place and why it is still a problem in the maw?

Ok, but as a balance druid who needs the legendary from the Wrath of the Jailer event, this is not helpful. Why leave the phasing the Maw? What purpose does that serve? When you’re on a low pop server you’re not going to be able to get strangers in group finder to zone out and back in to help you.

1 Like

Was still broken for my group in max level maw. Any group I joined in the maw I could never see (no matter how many times we leave and rejoin). I had to go back to Orbos, group there and then go into the Maw. It’s still wonky.

1 Like

“”“An exception that remains is the max-level version of the Maw. Players in the max-level Maw may not immediately be able to see one another when joining a party. However, leaving the max-level Maw (to Oribos) and returning should bring members of a party together.”"

They know it’s broken in the maw.

They don’t care.

3 Likes

Wow, I came looking to see why this was not fixed (phasing in the max-level Maw) only to find out it’s intentional? Who came up with this brilliant (side-eye look) idea to not allow players to phase to each other in the hardest outdoor zone in SL? I guess they don’t really want me doing a lot in this zone to begin with other than the couple dailies that pop up? I never see anyone doing wrath and I never see anyone doing the larger group/raid rares…you know the only time I see a few more people? The zone in area near Ve’nari…

Great decision Blizz, just about up there when you weren’t going to allow flying at all in WoD…

4 Likes

Running into issues with Max Level maw and the dailies in Perditions Hold. Unable to find people to group with using the group finder tool because everyone seems to be in a different phase. Not sure why, surely people who are on the daily are at the same part of the whole maw quest chain no?

2 Likes

The Maw restriction is absolutely terrible and blindingly stupid considering this week unlocks an area that GIVES YOU GROUP QUESTS.

WTF?

6 Likes

Spent the last couple hours trying to convince people to return to Oribos to party sync for the group daily quest without success. Having to do this daily is going to become a real pain.

2 Likes

Okay, why? Literally has a spot where you’re supposed to group up, and you don’t want us to group up? You want us to go all the way back to Oribos first? That is so ridiculously tedious.

I don’t understand where you guys get “let’s make things needlessly harder for players” and think that’s a good idea.

2 Likes

I always write in the group description “PLEASE BE IN ORIBOS TO PHASE CORRECTLY” but 95% of the people don’t read it and/or just apply to the group in the area of the quest (which is understandable since it is what everyones do and its consider polite to be there to begin with)

This maw restriction needs to change. I get it you guys dont want realm hopping reputation farming, but find another solution, this one isnt acceptable

4 Likes

I don’t know if this is the reason or not, but whatever the devs don’t like, if the solution is this scorched earth approach, then I think they’ll have to deal with something they don’t like for a little longer. Because this is just annoying and stupid.

1 Like

This does NOT work for threads of fate. I have someone I bough shadowlands for that I am unable to play with using my alt who picked threads of fate because I’m not phased to their version :frowning:

Why was this ever not the case?

I’m never going to leave the maw, go to oribos, and go back to a maw, and then walk all the way back to where I was in order to get on the same “shard” as the other players in the maw.

It’s not going to happen.

Fix this garbage. The maw is horrible enough as it is. Jesus christ.

7 Likes