The new blueprint thing is cool, but I was really hoping it might have a setting for creating blueprints of specific placements of items that you could save and then replace.
For example, I love making custom windows, but if I decide that I want to change the layout of the room at all, it’s probably the most tedious part of doing so– having to shift around all the stuff I’ve used on said custom window. (Those Gnomish Tesla Coils are really annoying to rotate…but I love stormy sky windows…)
Is there any chance at all we might be able to group items eventually? This was a super useful feature in Wildstar’s housing that I miss terribly. It’d be cool to be able to save and share something on a smaller scale, like a custom set dining table or a window etc. etc.
9 Likes
For the record, we are supposed to get something like this at some point. We just don’t know when.
But it was noted as a thing they will work on in a video.
4 Likes
Currently this only works on flat surfaces when other objects snap to them, so at the very least if you want to move a bunch of stuff together snap them to a table.
1 Like
Different system entirely. Copy+Paste is in the works but is NYI.
Second this. Would be great to build more complex things and be able to move some of the complex things already built. I think they just have to figure out how to let people select a particular group of things.
What would it look like – would we have to label each piece in the build that we wanted to save? Cuz we’d have to tell the thing what pieces are “the build”. Tedious beyond belief.
Or we could move a room and delete everything else. But that would force the window build, for example, to always be in that style of room.