Group "Style" selection feedback

The new group style selection, which is a required choice, has a few issues.

your options are:

  • Relaxed

  • Carry offered

  • Competitive

  • Learning

of which you can only select one.

My first issue is this is restrictive. What if I fit into multiple categories? I can be competitive with a group that wants to be competitive and I can be more casual with a group that is relaxed. On a more granular level I may be new to a dungeon but an experienced player, which box am I supposed to choose?

My second issue is “Carry offered” isn’t very self explaining, especially to someone whos new to mmo’s. Does this mean I am offering to carry people or I am looking for someone to offer to carry me? If the goal is to suggest I am offing a carry, then I would extend the description “Offering to carry”

My third issue is, what problem is this trying to address that isn’t already available in game. If the goal is to isolate competitive players from casual players, then the existing “beginner friendly” clickbox seems to provide that. What this does is force myself into a box that may limit who choses to play with me. If I say I’m relaxed, competitive players may take that to mean I’m too casual and can’t sweat when I want to. If I say I’m competitive, relaxed groups might assume I’ll curse them out if they do anything wrong. It creates a predisposition that doesnt need to exist.

It feels like to me the better solution would be to provide more checkboxes. We are allowed to check which spec we are willing to play, it feels like which styles we are willing to play should be variable as well.

I’m interested in other thoughts about this new feature if maybe I’m missing something obvious. But I wanted to give my feedback on running into it as is.

3 Likes

Completely agree. It shouldn’t be there at all but if it has to be there we should be able to choose multiple. Ofc I would just choose them all and so it defeats the purpose of having them in the first place.