Group loot is back baby!

WoW, can’t believe my eyes!

7 Likes

So like Need before greed or are they allowing master looter?

1 Like

Awesome! Now I can lose my rolls for bows and agility trinkets to need rolls by Warlocks and Warriors, like the lord intended. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

41 Likes

rip pugs

guess this is to buy tokens for gear stack boosts

15 Likes

This is going to crash and burn so hard.

Though maybe that’s the point? Then they reinstate personal loot with an “I told you so”.

I really have no idea why they would enforce the worst loot system otherwise.

23 Likes

Gear stacking no longer works because loot isnt based on party make-up (if you haven’t already seen from the many other threads)

Loot can drop for classes who are not there so it doesn’t matter if you take 20 hunters…you can still get cloth gear

7 Likes

It’s the need before greed system. ML won’t be back like we know it. And it’s just in the raid so far.

2 Likes

Plenty of raid leaders will use it as Master Loot, they’ll just tell everyone else to pass on every item or get kicked.

14 Likes

Sounds like a good way to put those people on ignore and find better groups. Hold people to a higher standard.

10 Likes

Yeah. It will be interesting to see how the system handles being removed from the raid before the roll is completed since it removes you from the instance.

Or what happens if you get kicked before the boss is ever looted?

I would hope Blizz takes that into account, but with them you never know

2 Likes

it failed already yet bringing it back lol. they have had almost 20 yrs to get loot fixed right and still ain’t says it all. do i blame blizz all the way nah it’s just as much the players faults cause we already seen what happens and it ain’t like the playerbase has suddenly turned into angels.

14 Likes

So, if someone wants to ninja a piece of loot all they have to do is wait for everyone else to pass then roll need as the last roll. Thus winning the item and having it deposited into their bags before anyone can react and remove them.

12 Likes

We’re already inventing new scams, bois!

5 Likes

The Raid Leaders will account for this possibility, the easiest way being to have a pre-assigned MLer of each armor type that rolls need at all times. It wouldn’t completely negate the possibility like true ML would, but I guarantee there will be at least some Raid Leaders doing this.

1 Like

Yep I’m rolling Need on everything baby!

7 Likes

We used to do everyone rolls need, then pass the loot to someone else. No one with two brain cells runs a raid where they ask everyone but the lead to hit greed.

1 Like

I wonder if they’ll do this for LFR? :thinking:

I guess it might mean the return of the Loot Ninja :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Pretty sure that’s specifically for beta and is being tested… I hope they decide against it and give unlocked personal loot because it’s the fairest way to do things (being able to trade item within the group and not locked to ilvl)

6 Likes

If a loot system requires the players to place safeguards to prevent abuse (and not even 100% effective safeguards) then it is not a good system. If the loot system is bad then Blizzard should implement a better loot system that can’t be exploited that way.

It depends on loot tradeability. In the past loot would soulbind the instant it touched an inventory. The whole “everyone pass” thing was from before loot became tradeable.

3 Likes

Honestly, all they had to do was keep Personal Loot but up the drop rates of gear by a lot, if not guarantee at least 1 piece of gear per raid wing. Group loot during Dragon Soul LFR was absolute hell. Blizzard, stop taking 3 steps forward and two steps back.

11 Likes