Group Loot in Raids

So does this mean it’s now impossible to farm transmog, and there’s no reason to queue for anything you outgear?

26 Likes

Effectively yes. You’ll have to greed roll.

2 Likes

On paper, it sounded like this wouldn’t be as bad as it currently is. It causes way more headaches than I ever got with prior loot distribution.

6 Likes

Blizzard’s really going to dig their heels in on GL lol.

10 Likes

Does this include if they got the piece from M+? Because I lost on a token in LFR today to a player who had the tier from M+ and was higher ilvl. So frustrating.

So this effects transmog runners too?
Darn…

7 Likes

GRoup loot need some serious bad luck protection at this point. The vault is for sure not enough.
I have gone 5 full weeks with out winning a single Need roll I have cast.

15 Likes

ooooh, I’m calling it now… next weeks GD topic of choice is gonna be ‘waaaah LFR is too hard now!!! all the mythic raiders are gone and now no one can finish the fights!!!’

9 Likes

It already is. Only tier tokens were exempt from the restriction.

This loot system already didn’t allow you to roll need on pieces you already had at higher ilvl, meaning if you wanted a Heroic mog, but had the mythic mog item, you just couldn’t need on it.

4 Likes

Just let them stew in their own muck. It’ll be like back at bfa launch when there wasn’t a reason to do lfr (like in legion for lego blp), and then again in 8.3 when TFing was removed (and after blizz fixed corruptions to scale off ilvl more).

Just give us options for Loot distribution when forming the raid.

The removal of Personal Loot was the biggest failure of the expansion so far.

18 Likes

don’t forget certain items like chillglobe are considered “healer” items. even though it may be a upgrade for a dps class. if u roll need as dps spec it forces u to roll need-offspec. so basically u cant get it as dps loot spec

1 Like

Other problem with group loot in LFR is you can NEVER queue for multiple wings of the raid.

When you kill the last boss in one wing, your queue immediately pops for the next wing. But if you accept the queue, you are skipping loot from the last boss of the first wing because inevitably someone is either taking their time or has gone AFK. There’s always a long wait for the final loot to be distributed.

2 Likes

Blizzard can happily check my post history. I barely post on the forums, but I have to agree with the majority of people. Please please please just go back to personal loot.

Any content where randoms are together should basically be personal loot. I’m more content getting nothing from personal loot than I am losing a roll on everything.

Stop with trying to fix group loot. Just admit “After listening to the community we agree that group loot was not the best route, therefore we will be returning LFR to personal loot”. You lose little but gain so much with the community.

19 Likes

There are more considerations to rolling on gear than Ilvl, these changes are flat out BAD for the game. The middle ground loot system is worse for EVERYONE. Either go back to personal loot, or go all the way and let organized groups master loot.

3 Likes

Group loot in raids is silly.

6 Likes

I’m happy for this change. On my main, I just finished LFR, first wing, last boss, I hit need on everything that had a need and greed on everything that is greed, and then get outta there.

After I had ported back home, I got a whisper, from a fellow hunter who was in the raid I was just in, asking (politely I might add) for one of the 2 pieces of tier I apparently won, asked to group up, “sure” I said, let me check my mail … after a decent convo of about 15 minutes, the mail finally arrived, 2 tier tokens for gloves …BOTH SOULBOUND.

I’ll be paying more attention until this is fixed, and not needing on duplicates, it happens, but those tokens perhaps shouldn’t be soulbound? Should be tradeable with those that were eligible?

I felt terrible for my fellow player, that I could not give them that second piece I got.

Blizzard: Hey look we have this thing we want to do.
Players: Hmmmm well okay but it sounds like it has a bunch of issues.
Blizzard: No trust us.
Players: Sus but okay what can we do.

Players: So this really is not working. Here is tons of valid feedback on why this is not working and that there is/was a better way to do that.
Blizzard: Best I can do is fix a couple of things that really doesn’t fix most of the things that makes this suck for players.
Players: …

17 Likes

Doesn’t this mean, for farming transmog, now I want a 2nd Rogue where I only run LFR each week and delete any upgrades I get?

4 Likes

Your character has a loot history. Just look back at bfa where blizz added checks to ensure that overworld mobs scaled with you regardless if you destroyed an item or banked it into your bank/void storage.

Looting a higher ilvl item pushes that hidden value up per slot forever.