Grounding totem just doesn't work sometimes

The totem will be down, the buff will be on me, and the spell will just randomly go through regardless an annoyingly large percentage of the time.

I remember grounding totem in vanilla being pretty solid and spot on when you used it. This just feels clunky and unreliable.

6 Likes

Half the stuff in this game bugs out, malfunctions, refuses to work or functions improperly due to the new engine.

The more I play the more I say “huh. That’s wild” on how stuff slid through.

4 Likes

I’m also noticing extensive totem bugs as i’ve been leveling. More so with range of totems rather than grounding totem specifically. I can literally be right ontop of manaspring totem with no buff on my character. Or tremor totem(which i know has a pulse with no buff icon) yet will be continuously feared again, and again, being right ontop of the totem. To the point where multiple pulses from that totem would have gone by with no clearing of fear from that totem.

2 Likes

In vanilla, I remember Tremor Totem being like that. It wasn’t 100% to break fear on every pulse. But what you’re describing does sound fishy…

1 Like

Grounding totem is busted I was standing 2 feet next to it and still getting sheeped !! In REAL classic that never happened. Also searing totem takes forever some times to attack or you have to kite stuff with in 10yds of it. Did the beta testers even test anything? One more thing there’s seems to be a good amount of npc that cast spells that can’t be interrupted with Earth shock.

2 Likes

Bump ftw bump bump bump

1 Like

frustrating trying to fight a mage. sheep will never be soaked by the totem. this can’t be by design right?

2 Likes

As far as I have experienced totems seem to be working as intended. However earthbind totem is missing it’s pinkish aura on pulse and the ‘buff animations’ when totems are dropped or periodically pulse are missing. ex. strength totem makes party members sparkle/glow yellow for a short time (on pulse), or say blueish/white glow from water totems.

You guys sure you still have the buff active and are within range of the totem when the spell is cast at you? The buff can be used up quite easily without being noticed. Perhaps what you’re experiencing is lag related.

Can confirm, it was not spell batching and I was in totem’s range with the buff up 100%.
The only thing that comes to mind is that the enemy caster way farther of totem range, in wich case should have soaked the spell anyways.

1 Like

You guys are not confusing this with the fact Grounding only absorbs 1 spell every 10 seconds? Many spells will be eaten but not kill the totem, but you will still be vulnerable to spells for 10 seconds.

1 Like

Well totems were always clunky and unreliable but as half the spell mechanics and immunities are busted it just makes them worse.

Could it be a timing issue? I know if I don’t have my grounding totem down before the opponent is casting it won’t absorb it.

I’ve also seen grounding totem take 2 hits at once a few times.

No, because the totem is still up and sitting there next to you, like described…

Can confirm grounding and tremor feel especially off. My teammate has clips of him dropping tremor right before a fear, getting feared while in top of the totem and pathing away from the totem until out of range without the fear breaking.

Could there be an oversight with the totem mechanic and dispel resistance?

Tremor totem removing fears should be bypassing dispel resistance mechanics afaik, but it doesn’t appear to be working that way.