Grimrail depot timewalking

The ability Blackrock Mortar that is used by Grom’kar Boomer in Grimrail depot will instantly kill anyone including tanks no matter what.
I have around 400 item level and had ardent defender active and it somehow bypassed the no die mechanism and killed me anyway. Everything else in the instance did negligible damage but this ability killed me 3 times. I am sure some people find this amusing, I am not one of them.

1 Like

I didn’t find it funny at all. The first time we encountered him. He didn’t kill any one.

The second two times. He pasted a DPS, third time the healer.

Both the second and third times the draw didn’t drop. So we had to reset.

After those two times. Our group said NOPE, one guildee left the group and we requeued and got it again, the poor dps that waited to get in to the dungeon got left behind because we weren’t going to do it.

There should be a way to select dungeons that you DO NOT WANT TO DO in a Random Queue. Grimrail is about the only dungeon that I would prefer not to do out of the entire. I dislike that dungeon greatly.

Blue post on the matter:

1 Like

Boomer is still def screwed up. Blackrock Mortar hit me for 55k damage as a tank with only an 11k health pool

2 Likes

Still a problem, one day before the end of TW. All of these dungeons are easy as pie, but blackrock mortar ability is simply overtuned…and before someone says “just don’t get hit by it”, please understand that wow servers DO NOT, and HAVE NEVER rationalized your position perfectly, so it’s almost inevitable to “have a toe in it” and get hit, particularly in a dungeon where you’re dodging frontals, moving out of fire patches, and/or getting blown around by wind gusts. Please design the game around server lag better, it’s NOT my connection, it’s NOT my computer…its YOU Blizzard. Seat of your pants mechanics with one shots hasn’t worked since 2004, and it isn’t fun.

1 Like

Grom’kar Boomer Blackrock Mortar hit You 10,402 Fire. (1,157 Absorbed)(77,948 Overkill)
I have a 419(419.75) item level. There’s literally no reason this should be doing this much damage 6mo. later especially after Blizzard made a blue post on it.

This games been out for 15+yrs, if we can blacklist BG’s, we should be able to blacklist Timewalking dungeons; especially dungeons that have mechanics Blizzard acknowledges but won’t fix.

2 Likes

Hit me on my 9k HP level 61 warrior for around 105k to 113k accounting for several deaths.

2 Likes

Happened to 2 different alts today.

I see our bug reports still get ignored.

This has been in effect since the very first WoD timewalking event, they just do not care and will never fix it.