Griefers Rejoice - Reputation griefing Zerith Mortis

“Okay OP, so go back into group finder and join the 10+ others looking to kill the same rare. I think today alone, I’ve killed The general rare over 20x for easy cyphers.”

You killed it 20x times for easy cyphers, but did not get rep 20 times. This is about the rep.

No but you will get the rep for the 1st kill, I know you are upset but really take some to think about what you are saying.

Did you even read the thread? This is about having killed a rare for the 1st time and not getting the rep because the group was disbanded mid-kill and the token doesn’t get mailed to you when that happens and blizzard wont award it even though the other loot is mailed to you.

Yes I did and gave you a solution. It’s not my fault you are having a hard time seeing past the tears.

Your solution has nothing to do with the issue. There is a finite amount of rares you can kill per day, so not getting it from one of them doesn’t mean just go kill a different one. You’re still short for the day.

This principle is a good one. People shouldn’t feel like they need to play every day and people shouldn’t feel like when they play, the incentives don’t steer people towards the fun. So yeah, we hear the community concerns with overweighting rares. When rares constitute the lion’s share of the total rep that you can get in a day, that can create a sense of obligation to pursue them all. Since there are so many, this turns the daily acquisition of rep into a time-consuming process rather than something you can target and complete (or mostly complete) in a reasonable play session. We want rares to feel like a bonus rather than an obligation, so the reputation earned from rares is being decreased from 15 or 30 rep each to 10 or 15 rep each.

Along with that change, because we don’t want to reduce the total incoming rep, we’re increasing the reputation of other sources to compensate: world quests will award 125 instead of 100; Antros, the world boss, will award 500 instead of 250; and the twice-weekly quest “Patterns Within Patterns” will award 500 instead up 250. The net effect of this is that this will be a small increase in the total potential rep gain each day, and rares will take up a much lower proportion of those gains. This will allow players to feel like they can be done for the day earlier without significant long-term cost, while still allowing those players who want to push harder some incentive to do so.

Players who feel the need to reach Revered by week 5 and get the legendary memory as soon as Chapter 7 ends should now be able to rest assured. Even without killing a single rare, it should be comfortably achievable to reach that level in that timeframe.

Is this…really all over a single reputation token?

1 Like

He missed out on a 10 rep rare kill and now wants the world to burn.

Heaven help us if this guy ever misses a day killing rares from being sick, internet out or having other duties to tend to. We will all feel the wrath! dramatic music

1 Like

Just do what people on my server do. Wait for a bunch of people to be running down the road and start killing him. Most stop and help. I do all the time.

Yeah, that’s pretty funny. I can’t imagine stressing about killing all the rares for such a relaxed rep.

Its just some idiot who doesn’t care. Probably hates their job and life. People not getting its not so much the tiny rep loss. Its that the people who are supposed to help when something goes wrong don’t care and won’t help. I don’t suspect they would help if it was like 150 rep loss either. I bet ff14 doesn’t treat it’s customers that way.

1 Like

You are a consumer not a customer. You don’t own your account, you are borrowing it from blizzard, read the ToS. I can buy one wow token to replace you and give blizzard an extra 5$. Until the tokens cease to exist, you are expendable forever.

I’m assuming you’re having troubles because you’re in a low pop realm; Instead of wasting your time doing all of that, why not just make a group yourself and then kill the rares?

That would be 10x more effective to your ultimate goal?

Not really. Look at all the subs they lost and how it hurt the stocks. Nice try fanboi. :smiley:

1 Like

Yes really. You have zero idea how stocks work lol. Fan boi as an insult? That’s cute.

Its ok fanboi. There there. FF 14 can’t hurt you. Or maybe it can. Not my problem.

Imagine editing that dribble, fruit loop galore.

ya know stuff happens
the frog quest booted me over a cliff today and I couldnt get my body back and had to take rez sickness, pay to fix my gear ect.

did I get upset and post a ticket. no, stuff happens

Imagine being a spastic fanboi.

Its ok timmy there is more to life than your obsession with wow. Show everyone on the doll where someone saying FF14 had better customer service hurt you.