Griefers Rejoice - Reputation griefing Zerith Mortis

So, earlier today I joined a LF group in the group finder for a rare that I was unable to solo, or ask guild members for help given the time of night it was, and wanted to finish my rounds for the night before heading to bed.

So I find a group, get there and we start killing it. After pulling the rare the group leader disbanded the group and because it was cross realm everyone phased back to their realms and were unable to kill the rare. A little while later in my mailbox were some of the items from a rare - except the reputation token.

I put in a ticket since I didn’t get the token from the rare, and since for whatever reason Blizzard decided to make the reputation an actual item instead of from killing, I figured it fell under the “Didn’t get loot” and that would be the end of it. Also of note, I did join another group and kill it and did not get the reputation token from the “full” kill.

Well GM responds after a time and says nope, despite it being a “physical” item on the rare, they wont help in giving the item that wasn’t able to be looted and didn’t appear in the mail.

So I ask for some clarification because the first responder to the ticket mentioned they can’t give credit for Adventures in Zerith Mortis achievement while also saying they can’t give the loot and I thought maybe there had been a misunderstanding since I never mentioned Adventures in Zerith Mortis.

3 responses later where they just kept saying random things (one of which was that after a deeper look, yes, they could see that no one recieved their reputation tokens) I finally got an answer after asking “So let me make sure I 100% understand what you are telling me. It is Ok for a player to create a cross realm group for a rare, wait until the fight has started, and then disband the group, making it so that no one receives their reputation for the rare for the day and Blizzard will not help and give that reputation token that could not be looted, and was not mailed, and this is ok?”

Their response before force closing the ticket? “Yes, this is fine to do. This situation falls under the same case when players are kicked from a raid or dungeon group. Voting to kick, or even disbanding the entire group, is the prerogative of the leader or assistants of that group and can be done for any reason”

So, if you’re feeling like screwing with peoples rep gains, Blizzard says that’s A-O-K.

22 Likes

you lose the rep if you die too

Ah, so blizzard’s servers are griefing players.

3 Likes

Interesting, but i doubt this is a common problem.

Should be fixed though

2 Likes

If you don’t group with randoms, it’s impossible for randoms to grief you.

9 Likes

blizzard is

So you missed out on 15 rep?

8 Likes

All that for 15, maybe 30 rep?

Sometimes I read these forums and can’t help but marvel at the things that people speak about as if they are existential crises. It’s 10 rep, dude. You’ll be okay.

22 Likes

I’d put in a bug report. Why would they mail everything to you except the rep token? It seems like an oversight that it wouldn’t be included.

2 Likes

It really isn’t Blizz’s fault or within their control for that guy to disband the group. Nor are they obligated to restore missed items from it.

Stuff happens. Griefers suck, but they exist and are largely a rarity to run into.

But it’s only 10 rep. Does it matter? I wouldn’t see a reason to be this upset, it’s not a monumental loss.

3 Likes

Not even, it’s 10.

1 Like

Guys sure doesn’t matter if it’s just 1 point of rep, it’s still a valid concern to an extend because Blizzard should design the game thinking about the playerbase and their interactions, doing rep part of the loot is causing this issue, so it’s valid to inform about it, ask for improvement and tickets.

Also, the tone of how the message is provided matters, but if we want better gameplay and changes for 10.0, we need devs that think about the possible kind of players in game, so they can avoid these issues as part of their design.

7 Likes

Someone cares about the principle of something. Get him!

17 Likes

Context matters too.

Report bug, inform forum, dont overreact.

At least one wasnt checked off list

3 Likes

Yes it does.

No it isn’t.

You went through all of that for 10 rep?

Lol

6 Likes

Yup, I’ll be ok. /s
Not having an existential crisis but more annoyed by the multiple things wrong with the situation. Like why is the rep a token (but not an actual lootable one that you click to use) unlike the majority of mobs that you kill and just get rep (think Insane pirate grind). Why was just the token not sent? Why would it even fall under the category they said when if you got mailed some of the items you were clearly eligible for the loot to begin with? etc

However, whether it’s “just 10/15/30” rep or whatever remains to be seen. People pushing for rep are trying to hit honored as quickly as possible for economic reasons and if 10/15 rep turns out to be a break point on if I can hit honored tomorrow versus the next day and others make it first? Well then it’s potentially “10/15 rep + hundreds of thousands of gold or more” in lost investment in materials and sales.

4 Likes

I did 2 days worth of dailies and can’t take it any more. The quest are way across the map and have gimmicky tricks and hard to find objectives. They suck. I will read up on 10.0 this was my last try in shadowlands it’s obvious the devs don’t care. Thety aren;t running me into the ground with crap content.

3 Likes

Reputation token? I’ve killed a lot of rares and I don’t get them. Am I doing something wrong?

2 Likes