Greater Forsaken (Nathanos style)

Personally I don’t mind if its an AR or not.

I think, though, with the switch to Body 1 and 2 setup Blizzard is in an excellent position to use that option in many interesting ways. From androgynous body types to switching out models for some races where its applicable. Like the Forsaken and Worgen or even the Lightforged being expanded to other races.

Nathanos style undead would fit nicely into that sort of setup.

(Humans and Kul’tirans could also get all three body types we’ve seen for humans maybe.)

1 Like

I’d be pretty happy with eyebrows as well.

What’s with blizzard not giving Horde races eyebrows?

2 Likes

if it makes you feel any better i lose my eyebrows when i equip anything on my head

Not really. None of my orcs have eyebrows either and I would love to at least have the option.

agreed, Thrall being the only orc with eyebrows was always weird to me

Speaking of, Derek is another good example of why I think the Forsaken should get this option.

Two members of that group have had a human model type body, allegedly empowered like death knights as well, so I don’t see why not.

Also yeah…eyebrows. Like wth Blizz?

2 Likes

Isn’t Derek just a dude?

like a…death knight…right ?

Death knights are a higher form of undead than Forsaken

1 Like

but nathanos process was basically the same as death knights process.

Nathanos and Derek are two different dudes.

1 Like

I think since we initially find him as a more forsaken looking forsaken in his casket hes clearly been fixed up a bit somehow. I don’t think its “like” Nathanos, but the result is close enough to give credence to the idea that it could be now a more common setup for the look at least.

Its suggested that its similar not the same.

That’s a result of playing through the quests prior to that model being added.

Now he uses the new model all the way through.

1 Like

Fair enough, still hes then a very old corpse with a very fresh looking body and a forsaken. (more or less.) So I feel like that still counts as a good enough reason.

The guy still died in water and he is well preserved for an undead unlike the one we are forced to make. Also I find it funny like. What if my Forsaken just died yesterday well I have to be rotten for some reason.

And also Forsaken starting zone is kinda dead sinse we killed Sylvanas last Val’kyr in SL so they need a new starting quest. Cause its canon that its impossible to make new forsaken sinse 9.1 and even sooner

1 Like

Not quite, what was done with Nathanos was basically necromantic reconstruction of Nathanos’ body with his cousin’s body being used as a source of raw materials. Not that different from how in the Brendan Fraser The Mummy movies, Imhotep restores his decayed body by using magic to steal body parts from his victims.

Death knights are typically raised before decay has had a chance to set in and are raised with magic that’s more powerful and less twisting than what rank and file undead are raised with (via the plague or necromancers) because it’s much more resource intensive. It’s mentioned in a few places that being raised by the plague or more typical scourge necromancy has a disfiguring effect even on bodies that haven’t decayed, and that it doesn’t halt decay like the magic used for raising DKs does.

I mean, let’s be real, it’s just that Blizzard doesn’t really care as much as us.

3 Likes

Also, this. Well said. It’s just frustrating.

1 Like

Hello gorgeous.

Nice mog. 10/10

1 Like