Great Vault window not displaying Delves row; still shows PvP with no boxes

this makes sense - but it is not at all clear in the UI. Thanks for the clarification.

I had this exact problem! Couldn’t see delves just green check marks. I can confirm as well that disabling addons and reloading then turning back on resolves this problem.

Blizzard needs another 12 hours of maintenance to get it right.

No, this is an addon issue. The addons are or were assuming the Great Vault format would be the same as the last 2 expansions. That’s not Blizzard doing this in this context. I would guess the authors didn’t have a way to test it in PTR hence the issues we are seeing now.

Fortunately, turning off Astral Keys did also solve the problem for me.

Its weird, some of my toons it shows World and others it shows PVP.
Edit: Turning off Astral Keys addon fixed the issue.

It also worked for me. Tyvm for the solutions. Best of luck on your vaults :slight_smile:

I have three addons which reference Blizzard_WeeklyRewards, but all three only call the interface on login. I think the issue is a combination of addon and Blizzard, because what seems to be happening is the addons are calling the Vault interface before it has fully initialized in the game and so we are getting legacy panes instead of the updated ones.

Blizzard could resolve this entirely by removing all the legacy panes for the Vault from the LUA code. Addons can resolve it by waiting 5-10 seconds before calling the function.

The three addons which reference it for me, for anyone who may have something besides AstralKeys and still sees the problem:

• AstralKeys
  • SavedInstances
  • Great Vault (which simply put a button on your minimap to open the window; easy to get rid of since you can click it on the Dornogal map now)

I also have GreatVault addon, turning it off fixed the vault display for me. Reenabling brings back the busted screen.

Disabling the addon Angry Assignments ( I don’t have AstralKeys or GreatVault addon) fixed it for me.

Noting the “disable list > re-enable list” worked for me as well. Simply disabling Astral Keys did not alone fix this for me.

Blizzard isn’t causing this issue, it is the addon authors. Don’t get me wrong, Blizzard makes a lot of mistakes, but this is not one of them. I think you’ll see my post history has been fairly even-handed. I will critique the hell out of them when they do something wrong. Equally, pinning the blame on them because they’re an easy target on something they didn’t do is not what I will do.

Addon authors did this as a matter of expediency. Blizzard could rewrite their backend to resolve a problem that isn’t caused by them, but no development team would do that unless the bug in question was either against the ToS or breaking normal functionality (i.e. you can’t move your character or interact with the UI). That’s not the case here. Nor would they prioritize it either.

Workaround is available and working: Disable the offending addons. Addon authors either need to update their addons or admit they don’t intend to do so (i.e. people stop using them anyway). In the end, not a Blizzard problem nor a Blizzard required solution.

Blizzard left legacy, obsolete assets in the game files which are still being used if a race condition is met. There is absolutely something they could do, as there is no reason to keep those legacy assets in the interface code any longer.

As I said, the only change any of these authors can do (the three I listed, at least) is add a delay before they call the function. They are all simply calling a function supported by the game which loads the interface frame invisibly in order to get its data. None of them are actually touching the frames inside that window in any way.

Again, my main point is that there are solutions at both ends. Not all things are absolutes, and I didn’t place direct blame at only Blizzard’s feet.

Blizzard leaves legacy assets in the interface code for literally every expansion. You’re drawing a very interesting line on where you think they should behave. That’s not consistent with their last 20 years of work.

It’s very clear your agenda here, but let’s be clear, it’s not standard practice for them or most games with multiple expansions behind it. What you’ve suggested is not inline with their behavior and it isn’t necessary here either. Addon authors have the smallest amount of work to do here and they are the origin of the problem - not Blizzard.

If I had my druthers? I’d have them remove addons altogether and be done with this entitlement by people who don’t develop addons.

It’s pretty clear to anyone reading the thread and these responses that you are the one with the agenda. I’m not going to engage with this further. Have a good life.