Great Vault Rewards Update - March 15

Thanks for options! We love options!

3 Likes

EXCELLENT move on sockets coming from vault tokens.

Interesting, this also work for casuals who do low tier content!

1 Like

Well…

This is actually a really good place for this item…

Well done.

1 Like

Great changes, but there’s still an issue: players have to choose between ilevel-scaling PVP gear and PVE gear. If you want to do both forms of content, you have to sacrifice one each week.

3 Likes

That’s what i’m talking about that some currencies could provide more rewards, including even motes for mount/pet creation, gold…etc really great change. Thanks

The way this is worded, “You will now receive…” implies that you always receive tokens when collecting your vault, rather than them being a choice in place of getting gear. The Developers’ notes suggest that this is not the case, and they’re still a consolation prize you have to choose, but it could be written more clearly.

2 Likes

bummer…so have to wait till we get a really bad vault and much later in the expan to really get value out of these changes.

Why not make the merits sort of guaranteed? and then for 10.0 allow that currency to be something you can build over time to get the loot you desired as it hasn’t dropped from the vault/raid for you? Just makes the entire player experience so much better.

2 Likes

Can you keep it at 3? It was a pretty good racket to do a dungeon per alt each week.

Are these per row, or total? IE: if I do 5 raid bosses and 1 key, do I get 4 or 6?

Doesn’t affect me but can I say… what is up with all these currencies again :laughing:
[Options are always nice; but you guys can tinker on the code to actually do what you wanted it to… or at least how you sold the Vault as… just sayin’]

Great change, thank you!

I heavily dislike that the only way to add sockets in season 3 is to give up an entire week’s choice of loot.

Bad change.

lmao.

14 Likes

This is not an amazing change - it would have been amazing if you get the tokens along with the gear you pick or simply double the token to 12 if you pick nothing. One step forward but ten backwards.

13 Likes

I don’t hate the change but i don’t love it either. Honestly, it would be nice to be able to buy those sockets with cosmic flux, too. I’m getting so much that I’m almost drowning in it and this after I’ve already upgraded my legendary. I also have all the memories so that’s out the window.

7 Likes

They could have not made the change and you would have no way to socket your items.

3 Likes

I’m not happy about the change to merits. Getting 3 vault slots is quite an effort for people that play alts.

1 Like

Cosmic Flux socket vendor please?

4 Likes

My read is that they aren’t changing existing prices, only adding new options.

We need a change of philosophy around currencies, those should have some sort of sink besides their main goal, like bags of materials, gold, anima, sockets…etc, the same treatment that was added to the vault should be added to Cosmic Flux and other kind of seasonal currencies on future patches, expansions, players want to validate their time invested and receive a some sort of incentive.

Besides that WQ replaybility is really bad, providing gear 240 when a lot of players already have better gear, once players reach exalted reputation or already got those pieces at the max ilvl for WQ, there´s not a reason to repeat WQ compared to the WQ that provide anima, gold or other incentive.

1 Like