Great Vault not the right loot

Oops! I took a 210 thing but it should have been 220 (I think). Can I put it back and get a different thing? I play so many alts that I forgot who did what level.

2 Likes

Taking an item without realizing that the item level should have been higher due to a bug my dude.

1 Like

oh okay. i always mouse over the items before i make a decision but i can see how it would be bad if you donā€™t!

I knew getting a 226 weapon was too good to be true, even if I did complete a 16 last week :frowning:

For me, I am a sad non-gnome. I have depression as I cannot be a gnome so I do very little in the world. I usually run one mythic dungeon, and since I do not have the gnome courage to go to the Maw, I have no use for Stygia. In my despair, I clicked the sole item that popped up and accepted it.

Please allow Gnome DH!

Please return to your own forums, too!

Please?

It might be re-introduction of a bug seen on the Shadowlands beta. I and another friend playing on the beta experienced bugs with our 1 dungeon, 4 dungeons, and/or 10 dungeons rewards from the vault being wrong (depending on the week and how many we did).

On 11/19/2020 I experienced a vault bug again (as did my friend), so I reached out to Russ Peterson on Twitter as a last-ditch effort to make the issue known before the expansion launch:

(the discord pic from the last part of that message chain still works, but the VoD and forum post are gone)

I never saw the issue after launch, so I assume the issue I reported was fixed. In-case this is re-introduction of that bug, I figured Iā€™d mention it.

1 Like

@Kaivax
How will this be fixed for the players that already made their selection? Or will it be reset or something?
ty

2 Likes

Easier to just blame bugs on the players and indirectly call us terrible testers.

We didnā€™t test Torghast enough either.

2 Likes

So, does this mean if we didnā€™t notice the Vault was messed up and already accepted an item from it on a toon, we are just farked and bent over and asked to happily take it?

2 Likes

So if looted weā€™re just SOL?

1 Like

Still not fixed. My ticket time was reset.

1 Like

still not fixed. help!

1 Like

Mine still isnā€™t fixed. I opened it before Blizz put out the warning, but did not take any items. Am I screwed because Blizz canā€™t retroactively fix it?

How do you put in a support ticket for this? What category is most applicable

I put it in under Items and mail -> Not listed here -> the item the issue is was with is the Great Vault.

1 Like

would be great if they added a part for people doing world quest to get something after doing it for a few weeks.

Iā€™m in the exact same situation. Looked at the items before they disabled the vault but did not take any items, vault is back after the supposed fix but my rewards still arenā€™t the correct ilvl

I see twitter has announced the issue is resolved after restarts (thatā€™s good to hear) but what about the ā€œkeeping you posted hereā€ part?

I guess itā€™s a minor gripe but how is twitter a better place to announce stuff like that than the thread on the official forums specifically calling out the issue? Not doing both posts seems like youā€™ve all picked twitter as your main form of communication with players over your dedicated forumsā€¦ which is just wild to think about.

1 Like

It has been like this for a very long time.