Great job blizzard. LFG working at its finest

Every time I login and before I log off every day I make sure to make a pass and report them all

3 Likes

5 Likes

Not going to agree because friends help friends all the time and that would count here.

Oh yeah, the two or three I see are usually from Stormrage. But if Im playing my horde toons, thats all you seeā€¦

Iā€™m 12-15 hours ahead of PDT/MDT/CDT/EDT, when I open up the Premade Groups tab in the morning (which is midnight for you guys), at least 2/3 of the ā€œDungeonā€ section, 1/4 of ā€œRaid (Battle for Azeroth)ā€ section and half of the ā€œCustomā€ section are all RMT ads.

Itā€™s been half a year since I started reporting every single one of them (30+ reports a day), I donā€™t think Iā€™m the only person whoā€™s reporting those ads so they mustā€™ve received more than 10k reports over the course of 6+ months.

Call it a conspiracy theory or whatever, Iā€™m gonna guess that Blizz is receiving advertisement fees from them.

I would guess Blizzard is banning some of the accounts and making money from the replacement accounts they open.

What is the definition of boosting? I join low lvl pug keys as tank just to help folks when im bored. I would say im boosting as i way outgear the content.

I agree that seeing carries advertised is annoying, and hopefully they could get their own venue to advertise, but I like the idea that raiders can get something back for their effort.

I did pay for a carry in WoD, because I had excess gold and it was 100,000 for a guaranteed moose mount and possible gear. I donā€™t regret it and it didnā€™t make that toon OP. That alt actually had really crappy gear. If carried, you still need to do the raid, just like guild carries to gear up.

low pop server you say? enjoy it while you can its only a matter of time before blizz merges your server into 20 others

1 Like

Wonder if I can make a Auto finder program that just systematically spams for invites using my input and then lets me go off and play.

I could just play the game until I get a invite. God I miss those days.

This right here. Same with rmt and botting.

1 Like

No it wouldnā€™t. If there is no transaction of any kind (real cash or fake cash, or subbing, or anything else), then itā€™s not boosting in my opinion. Helping a friend/guildmate? Thatā€™s fine. Doing anything in exchange for something else? GTFO.

What is this? Op.

So the issue is that automated systems canā€™t tell the difference. Differentiate on if gold changed hands recently? Could be friends helping each other out, or could be RMT if no gold changes hands worse this encourages RMT. Differentiate on Guild? Booster could invite the player to their guild, people swap guilds all the time. Differentiate on Bnet friendsā€¦ see guilds. Differentiate on multiple high level toons in a run with someone low level? Could be mog hunters, friends, or people working on professions.

Long story short: this isnā€™t an easy problem and banning people automatically is going to result in a lot of false positives. Itā€™s also not cost effective to review every single dungeon run that might be suspicious either.

I never said it would be easy or cheap. It would be much better for the game in my opinion, but I rather doubt the accounts care about the game over the bottom line.

What do you expect on the eve of an expansion?

A smooth running experience that people still enjoy?

Come on. BFA really hit the brick wall with Corruptions.