Graphics Freezing

Not sure if there was an update in WOTLK Classic or if this is due to NVidias latest driver, but starting today the game is now constantly freezing. The mouse cursor can move. Alt-tabbing everything is fine. But the graphics are completely frozen.

I am running the game now with MSI-Afterburner and it too is freezing and not showing updated data on the UI when the game freezes. Outside the game it is saying the GPU is dropping to 0% during those times. No heat issues. No other spikes. When the game does start back up there seems to be a vsync issue and the frametimes are off…then it stabilizes back to a solid graph line.

Any other suggestions besides rolling back drivers?

Should mention as well that this started happening as soon as i got to my first WOTLK zone…earlier today when leveling in Outland, no problems at all.

Tested in retail and its not happening there. Just WOTLK Classic so far.

Ok I got it so its fairly repeatable now

1. Latest Nvidia Drivers (552.22)
  2. WoW WOTLK Classic
  3. Howling Fjord Utgarde Keep Cavern quest area
  4. NVidia Reflex ON (non boost)

Start the game with those conditions and the graphics freeze and lock up. Havent had the problem in other areas so far nor in other WoW versions. Will report back if I do, or if the above statements are found to not be accurate.

Sadly happened again without Nvidia Reflex. Will continue to test. Opened to suggestions.

Closed out all other applications and this time when the problem happened I got a popup window stating that World Of Warcraft was unable to start up 3d, click ok, and the game closes out.

Running DDU and installing 552.12 drivers seems to have fixed the issue. New Nvidia drivers dont seem to be working well with WOTLK Classic. Unsure as to why that version of WoW and not others.

I had massive issues with lock ups for wow client only, I play other games, they work just fine, to your point, alt-tabbing works, the client just goes hardlock for 5-10 seconds.

I only play retail. I just did update to latest driver as well.

Given no other issues with other games, I uninstalled and reinstalled, moved the game to a different m.2 … still having issues… removed all add-ons … still happening…

It seems to happen frequently (although still random) in Dawn of the infinite flipping through the portal, raids, and arenas. occasionally it has happened while hanging out in valdrakken.

reverting to older nvidia drivers has fixed the issue for me. Would love to hear an update for when I can finally go back to current/secure drivers.

i have issues with freeze for few seconds my driver is amd