Graphics Drivers Still Out of Date (After Being Updated)

WoW informed me that my graphics drivers were out of date, so I completed a Windows software update and my Intel graphics drivers update. However, the game is still telling me that my graphics drivers are out of date.

One thing that I had to do to update my windows software was move my WoW folder from my C drive to my D drive because I was running out of space. Unsure if this makes a difference. The game is still playable, but does not look as smooth.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

1 Like

please post a dxdiag. you probably have a discrete graphics card that needs to be updated.

I’m not sure how to post the whole dxdiag, but my graphics card is an Intel® HD Graphics 530 card. I downloaded the driver updates that Blizzard recommended on their troubleshooting website, restarted my computer, and still have an error. What other information could I provide that may help?

Are you sure you needed the Intel version and not, say, the NVIDIA version? I know mine’s NVIDIA but when I did the dxdiag the thing it says on “Display” is Intel Graphics 530. I had to go to “Render” to find the NVIDIA information. (Mine’s GeForce GTX 960M) Then I went to their provided website, downloaded that, and my out of date notice went away.

2 Likes

Well, you are correct that the Render tab showed a different video card! Blizzard’s information only said to go to the Display tab where it showed an Intel card. Downloaded the Intel drivers with no luck.

Will report back with NVIDIA updates. Thank you all!

1 Like

That worked! Confusion came from Blizzard recommending the video card driver in the ‘Display’ tab be updated, when in fact my video card that was in the ‘Render’ tab that needed updating. Intel vs. NVIDIA drivers.

Thanks again

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m having this problem, too. I just updated my rendering and display Drivers. At first everything was all grainy and nasty. Now that my stuff is updated, Warcraft is lookin’ good but the game still tells me “Hey buddy, your stuff is out of date.”

starting to think this is on Blizzards end cause ive updated my graphics card and im using most up to date graphics and one of the recommended and according to client mines still outa date aswell :S I hope I can still play fine even despite it apparently being out of date

its better to make a new thread than bump a very old one, even if the topic is the same.

if the game runs fine, its fine to keep playing even with an outdated driver. but go ahead and post a dxdiag. the link i gave in the second post still applies - copy/paste the entire thing into this thread and we can check your drivers. put it in between two sets of (~~~~) like this:

~~~~
DxDiag
~~~~
1 Like

This thread just saved me, coming up on Classic.

My driver is up to date currently, but WoW says it’s out of date. If I roll it back to a previous version, WoW no longer says that it’s out of date. Super frustrating, but I’m just ignoring it because graphics look fine.

Same advice still applies. Post your dxdiag and we can link you the most recent driver.

It’s also still better to just make a new thread than bump very old ones.