Graphics Crashes with macOS Catalina Dec 2019

I am running macOS Catalina on a 27" iMac with 3.2Ghz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, 24GB 1600 MHz DDR3, and AMD Radeon R9 M390 2GB. Frequent graphic crashes with loss of transparency in multiple planes. Does not matter which zone, or how long I have been playing. Manually selected graphics card from WOW advanced graphics settings, running recommended setting throughout. Have Macs Fan Control running fans constantly at 1800 rpm. Heat is not a problem. Problem seems to be with inability of game client to function with “Metal”. This has been problem since Catalina introduction. What is the status of corrective action on part of developers to correct this problem. I have submitted multiple copies of graphics dumps, etc. without response.

2 Likes

Just wanted to add a plus one to this. Having the same issues too.
I have made a macro with /run RestartGx() which is a bit of a dice roll. Sometimes works great as a temporary fix, other times crashes the client. Also, quickly opening / closing Mission Control (F3) works to reset the glitching. Good luck… also hoping for a fix.

Adding another response as I have the same issues.

System Preferences - energy saver - Automatic Graphic Switching

Make sure your Mac knows to use the graphics card (unchecked) instead of the CPU (checked)