Graphical/Texture Flickering on my end

When I am in Elywynn Forest or Silithus. The graphics tends to flicker. Like it looks like the environment is disappearing and re-appearing in mil-seconds.

Strangely only specific areas of the game have this issue because Naz’jatar and Mechgon does not have any flickering issues.

Read through this for some thoughts -

So I have to go back to an older driver?

Even though I was using this same driver like a weeks before the patch came out?

And when the patch came out, this issue started happening to me.

If you read the whole thread, a blue links a hotfix driver.

But I am using Version 430.86 for Windows 7.

The hotfix driver is incompatible because its a prior version of 53.

Not according to

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4828/~/geforce-hotfix-driver-version-431.18

GeForce Hotfix display driver version 431.18 is based on our latest [Game Ready Driver 430.86]

But they don’t have a Windows 7 version of the Hotfix Driver, only Windows 10.

Unless I can use it regardless that I am a Windows 7 User?

Hi Argronak

The Win10 hotfix driver won’t install on Win7. The problem folk are running into is that Win 7 support is winding down. 5 months from now there will be no more support from Windows. Right now it really isn’t supported - gets some security updates is all.

Your best bet here would be to first try running the games Scan and Repair tool. *First run the Battle.net Launcher in Administrator mode - close Launcher. Restart computer to stop all Blizzard processes. Right click the desktop icon - select “Run as Administrator” - Then run the Tool.

Tool is found on the Battle.net Launcher. Look for “Options” - directly below the Wow-BfA emblem. The tool is there.

If that doesn’t help I would clear the system of the Nvidia using the DDU tool. Then rollback the driver. If you happen to have one in your downloads from the past back go ahead and install that.

DDU download can be found here:

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1788

Basically you extract the uninstaller from the download. (it will extract to a folder called DDU) *Then unplug the Ethernet or disable the Wifi to avoid Windows automatic driver installation.

I like to boot the computer into safe mode then run the DDU tool. (This isn’t essential and you will need to confirm you have the windows password before you do so. If you are using a PIN it will ask for the actual password after running safe mode.)

On the tool you select Graphics type then Nvidia. Run the recommended “Clean then restart”.

Now for the install. Start the driver download. Select Graphics only (no GeForce Experience). Select Custom install carry on to the next pane. There is a box to check for Clean Install select (check) that box. (Resets the Nvidia control panel and profiles to defaults)