Grand Hunts, What is the actual Deal here?

I’ve seen posts about this entire “event” being bugged and ignored. You can see the Hunt on the Large world map, but it doesn’t show on the individual zone map. You go there. Nothing to find.

I see this weeks quest involved completing a Grand Hunt. So I said Oh ok, they must have fixed this. Call me crazy. I cant find any Grand Hunts.

What’s the catch. Is there a time traveling centaur I got to talk to to go back to a certian era of hunting.

Any idea or guidance?
Thanks

3 Likes

I too am having trouble finding the Grand Hunts; the large “horn” icon will show when I zoom out on the map, but when I go to the zoomed in zone map, there’s no horn and there’s no actual hunt I can find happening. This primarily seems to be happening for me when the hunt is in Waking Shores. I have been able to finish the hunts in other zones on two toons, but every time it’s in Waking Shores, a third toon cannot find it. Is this zone bugged for the hunt since there’s also the Dragonbane Keep siege happening there on the regular with its own horn icon on the map?

When you open your main map, you will see a large horn for the zone the hunt is in, for me, I cannot see where the actual hunt is until I am in the correct zone. Once I have entered the correct zone I can now see where the hunt is.

What you have to also pay attention to is how many objectives are left. If it says 3/6 remaining, you’ll have to get there before those 3 are completed as it will move, rather quickly to the next hunt.

I personally have never had an issue locating and completing a hunt, bar one time, it totally disappeared because the zone timer ran out and I wasn’t paying attention and it moved to a new zone.

3 Likes

Go to the zone its in.

Open your map.

There should be a general DF Dragon icon. For me it was on the bottom left.

Click it

Click “maruuk centaur”

Any activity related to Maruuk Centaurs will be highlighted on your map.

Should easily show where hunts are. I am not saying this is a good solution. Its too many steps to find it. But its A solution.

8 Likes

Literally never knew that was a thing

For what it’s worth, if I’m remembering right one of the hunt locations in Waking Shores is so far to the southwest that I have to remember to check there manually because my eyes want to believe that part of the zone is actually Ohn’aran Plains so I always forget about it. :dracthyr_crylaugh:

2 Likes

Its funny. Because I didnt either until like an hour ago and I found a random post about it from a year ago.

View of Hunt From main map.
Imgur

View of Hunt Zone while not in Hunt Zone. The Horn you see is Dragonbane Keep.
Imgur

View of Map with Hunt Active While in correct zone
Imgur

1 Like

Note: if you are in Valdrakken, you will not be able to see the location of the hunt for Thaldraszus.

(basically, because different world shards can be in different states, the game doesn’t know where in the zone the event is unless you’re actually in a shard, so can’t show it on the zone map until you enter the zone … but it does know what zone the event is in, so it does offer you that on the Dragon Isles map)

that map clutter on the 2nd map is giving me anxiety omg

1 Like

It’s giving me a bit of info envy.

Yeah, that’s from the All the Things addon. Useful addon, but I just couldn’t cope with it… Just too much.