Grand Hunt Phasing

Yo Blizzard,

When a solo player starts doing a Grand Hunt, and they get phased to a new shard in the middle of it, this makes the player not want to partake in any more Grand Hunts. I recommend putting in some code that prevents players who are in an active Grand Hunt area from getting phased to a new shard, so that they can complete the Grand Hunt.

You’re welcome.

3 Likes

Just came here to say this happened to me today (and a few times in the past few weeks). I was doing the grand hunt by myself, halfway through killing one of the bosses and he just disappeared…

opened my map and the hunt was moved to the upper part of the map and i had to start all over… :frowning:

edit for clarity: the grand hunt did NOT move zones, i just phased to where a new hunt was somewhere else in Ohn’ahran Plains

1 Like

Same here, multiple times over the past few months. Now a similar issue with seeds in the Emerald Dream. If this is working as planned, FFXIV looks better every day.

1 Like

Same. This has happened to me multiple times. Just happened again. Very frustrating to lose progress because of a phasing issue.

Holy poop. Just happened again. This time in Waking Shores on my Shaman. Bliz, this is incredibly frustrating.

This is still happening and it’s very frustrating when trying to farm colors for the hunt pets for the meta achievement. I have been almost done with a hunt multiple times then I get phased or changed to another server and the hunt is not started on the new server.

This and the feast bug are driving me up a wall and need to be fixed. Dragonbane Keep is broken too. Only some people can even see it due to broken sharding.

1 Like

Same I was just moved from a Legendary Feast to uncommon with less than 4mins left. Took me almost 45mins last night to complete a hunt because of it. I’ve gotten to the point to submitting a bug report each times it happens. They will eventually take a look when their bug reporting system is flooded with them so EVERYONE report it every time.

2 Likes

I have been unable to complete the Weekly Quest The Last Hurrah: Dragon Isles for two weeks because The Grand Hunt keeps ending before it is complete and so I get no credit on the Last Hurrah quest. Just minutes ago, I was on the second or third task in the Azure Span, and all of a sudden the violent monsters we were supposed to be killing just disappeared and I couldn’t find the NPC that started the quest, even going back to where I checked in and blew the horn to start the Hunt. Additionally, there is no horn on the map to show where the Hunt is in the Azure Span.

While the game has gotten better than when Ahn’Qiraj opened and the servers crashed multiple times, these sorts of things should not happen with adequate/proper testing.