GPU prices

When do GPUs come back to reality and prices normalize ?
I need a upgrade

2 Likes

Ugh… from what I hear its probably late 2022.

2 Likes

2022 sounds about right. Prices are dropping VERY slowly yet, availability still sucks a big one.

2 Likes

About two months ago I spent $750 for a crappy entry level ASUS KO 3070

And I felt like a winner for doing it

Meanwhile last December I spent $750 for an ASUS TUF 3080

Which reminded me that instead of feeling like a winner for paying $750 for the 3070 it just made me feel like a chump

1 Like

I’m in that same boat for dropping what I did for a 3080ti, when I was hoping that the BB queue opened up for the cheaper 3080. My only solace is that it is the cheapest 3080ti outside the FE on the market right now :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

Follow this channel get in on a BestBuy Drop. I have joined in on 3 BestBuy drops. I got a graphics card at MSRP each time. Sticking with the second card I got (EVGA 3070 ti FTW3 Ultra) and sold the 1st one one Facebook to a Gamer at MSRP. The third I gave to my brother. You may wind up with a 3070 ti or 3070 instead of a 3080 you are chasing after like I did; however at least you should get a card. Just be ready to widen your selection by A LOT. I had 20 tabs pending with 20 diff cards. I got 1 out of 20

You can also check Facebook Marketplace. Rarely there is one close to MSRP on there. Watch it like a hawk

2 Likes

That is amazing how they put that together! Gawd some people are smart. Mind Blown…

1 Like

Nvidia + AMD are playing shenanigans and AIBs/stores are jacking up prices because they know people will pay from all the stimmie checks.

GPU prices will normalize when people decide they want to pay reasonable prices. The plan right now is to stop making sub $200 gaming GPUs in future generations. Time will tell.

2 Likes