Goxul the Devourer

I believe the torghast boss in layer three on the upper selection for this week is a little over tuned couldnt get the boss down with a 5 man team 3 dps me as a tank and a healer. devour of the boss is killing us fast

6 Likes

I feel the same.

Just failed a run on Layer 3 against this guy with a 3man team. (Prot Pally, BM Hunter, Disc Priest). He had nearly 1.3 million health compared to every other Layer 3 boss I’ve killed over the last week being around 300-400k. No combination we tried between killing all the orbs and ignoring them gave us a way to dps through his absorb shield enough to do any damage to his health.

The only strat that kinda worked was hard stunning him during the absorb cast to cancel it entirely, but he cast it so frequently that between Pally Justice, Hunter Trap & Intimidation, and whatever the Priest was doing wasn’t enough to kill him before he got 10 stacks and became CC immune. Best attempt was about 45% left.

3 Likes

Yeah there is something going on with this boss. I did both Layer 3 Torghast runs this morning, solo, as Resto spec with Balance affinity. It was a slow (because of my bad DPS as resto) but easy run.

So later on I tried to go back and help my friend, who is a Beast Master Hunter. The run was easy enough until we came up to this guy as our Layer 6 boss. He had ~726K HP which was kind of crazy and much higher than any of the other end bosses.

I’m not sure exactly what the mechanic is with the orbs but he seems to absorb them to give him a defensive shield. We tried to kill the orbs as fast as we could but it still wasn’t fast enough to stop it from recharging his shield, which combined with his already massive HP made him basically unkillable. On our best attempt I think we made it down to maybe 40% HP.

I don’t even know if this is the same end boss that I faced when I did it solo earlier in the morning. I don’t remember, as nothing was really difficult enough to be noteworthy. Kind of crazy that I can solo it as a healer but when I bring along a hunter (who outgears me), then all of a sudden the scaling makes the boss basically unkillable?

I kill the orbs, there is only two of them and he drains them regardless. it is a bug. BLIZZ REMOVE THIS GUY FROM ROTATION TIL YOU FIX IT

2 Likes

yeah this boss is broke as hell. still drains orbs even if you kill them and has a way higher health pool than normal. so far torghast hasn’t given me to much trouble solo but this dudes a brick wall.

2 Likes

Over tuned for sure. I solo’d it as BM hunter 179 iLvl. Only had 2 deaths left. Had same bug you guys had, kill orbs immediately, he still consumes them and gets absorb shield… he also gets some weird buff that stacks through the fight, adds a stack every ~ 18 seconds… i managed to combined stun, slow and trap, with pet passive, to drop the debuff twice during fight and finally got the kill.

1 Like

Were you stunning the Mass Devour casts? Also, gear matters. I solo’ed as a 175 hunter and then did it in a 5-man team on an alt at 172, and we had no issues (properly rotating cc/stuns, etc).

You can silence his mass devour and he still drains essence when the orbs are killed.

1 Like

BURH THAT SHEILD IS REDIC AS A DIS HEALER even when u kill the orbs he still gets it ffs

Is that what’s happening? As MM I only have bursting shot and freezing trap to stop the mass devour casts and I can’t just wait because of the stacking buff so some of the mass devours slipped through. I was killing the orbs but he seemed to be shielding for a lot of damage anyways.

1 Like

gonna bump this in hopes some Devs sees it and fix the damn thing. Literally drained like 3-4 times even though I killed the damn orbs wtf. I had the buff where you cant be damaged for 2min straight and rushed but he kept draining nothing and building his shield 2min of straight DPS with CDs (Disc priest) and still nothing…oh I also used 3osec Boom of Ascen and only got him down to %3 then his shield kept regenerating. It’s such an obvious game-breaking bug yet no hotfix.

Again Blizz if you gonna force us into Torghast at least fix it for god sake. This is why I am going to cancel sub until next patch.

1 Like

Tagging my disdain of this boss here, 2 manning with 2 175s didnt end well. If he didnt get the stacking buff that made him immune to stuns, we would be fine but between him getting the shield even though orbs are killed, and becoming cc immune at 10 stacks, it was impossible

Edit: Came back and did it later same day. Went in as shadow instead of disc and got good luck with powerups. My partner and I had to do 5.5k and 7.1k dps and completely ignored orbs but we got it.

Same, bumping this. Wasted an hour+ of time for me and my two friends. No point in even trying this wing until we know the boss won’t bug out. Too much of a time waste otherwise.

1 Like

Just adding a +1 to this dude being COMPLETELY busted. I STOMP the wing and then can’t even get this dude below 50% health.

1 Like

Honestly this tower is a joke. You easily waltz through he first 5 floors then the boss at floor 6 is POS like Goxul. Wasted my time again…

2 Likes

Yep, have same sentiment as most here. Went in as a duo - shadow priest and enchancement shammy. We both got pretty poor anima powers throughout, but had little difficulty until this brick wall at the end. Feels real real bad to go spend the time on the run to just be blocked at the end. Incredibly frustrating and poor design. Would be different if we knew ahead of time what boss we would face so that we could try to tailor powers in that direction. FFS this is not fun, Bliz.

1 Like

also stuck here. Tried to do it on level 2 as a Dou with a shadow priest and me as guardian druid. Was impossible to kill him even using all of our deaths. he continues to glitch, which is stupid as I need this guy to get one of my legendries. Bliz, come on, fix this asap.

1 Like

Something is not right here with this boss. Ret paladin with 166 ilvl. I’ve gone through all of my cooldowns 4 times on this boss and he only gets down to around 28-30%. Were talking an 8+ min fight before I finally can’t keep up. He essentially just goes into a state where he absorbs everything even if your killing spheres.

1 Like

Same problem here. 2 man group 160 ilvl; prot pally, gaurdian druid. 3 cooldown rotations and we got him to about 45% health before he 1 hit us both. The whole instance seemed much harder than every other run I’ve made, solo. I can clear every run through torghast except this. Huge waste of time.

1 Like

Going to add my voice that this boss is also irritatingly difficult. Doing level 2 solo as shadow priest with 154 ilvl and used all of my deaths on just this one mob alone. Killed orbs and interrupted when possible. The stacking buff doesn’t fall off and gets to 10 stacks before reaching 30% health.

1 Like