Got Beta- NO SERVERS OPEN!

So, not to sound like a Blizzard shill, but you probably won’t get the level of accountability you want in beta. Historically, while they’d post about something of this magnitude, you generally only get a post once or twice a week about server status and expected downtime. They are fairly hands off compared to the live game model.

Again, I do personally think this is a little sloppy considering the past Blizzard betas. But you definitely won’t be getting high levels of accountability.

Ok Karen,
But here’s the thing, there’s no guarantee of anything with the beta other than you’ll be able to access it at some point.

3 Likes

Yeah. I mean it will still happen. And it will happen for everyone at the same time. Come back later or tomorrow. It’s not like it’s the final version with all cutscenes and such where youre getting a 3 month jump. It’s just beta. You earn nothing out of it. No reason to be upset.

1 Like

This. The entitlement is rife in this community. As many others have said, no time frame was given so they aren’t “late” or not providing something that was paid for. You’ll get what you paid for on the day you were told you would have it. Until they are up, relax and find something else to do. Your complaints and bad attitude won’t get you anything but frustrated and angry.

3 Likes

Beta is going to have tons of downtime. It’s not even designed to be played, it’s for testing. This is active development, there will be tons of unfinished stuff and placeholders. Why are people treating this like early access to the expansion?

I’m not even going to do the beta myself even though it’s available to me. I have too much to do in the live game. I don’t want to spoil any of the new content for myself. And I’m not really in a position to do testing right now.

2 Likes

Setting it to windowed mode, moving it, and then back to windows fullscreen fixed that issue… Now just to wait on Blizz… I’m at work anyway and can’t really play… I just wanted to peak before I got home.

Including our patience.

People are saying it’s up now due to the new video from WoW youtube

Seems like it’s getting closer.
The Beta forum is now up and they have released a new trailer

the same servers used for the PTR are also used for the beta, they have to be re-set so we can use them for the beta… IIRC, we may need a blue to come and let us know what is going on to make people relax about this.

so is anyone able to play or are all the beta servers down? when I try to log in its display 5 servers and show all as incompatible. some posts allude to this being a problem that requires action from me…which I have done the suggested steps for but they still show as incompatible.

Congrats for paying for beta? Do you know what beta means? I don’t think you do. You are entitled to literally nothing in beta, even if you paid for access. You wanna know why? Because it’s beta, not live.

The servers will constantly be down/strained, bugs will probably prevent you from completing things, hell you may crash each time you try pressing a specific button. You paid for this, not early access.

2 Likes

I’m guessing 3pm PDT.

1 Like

All I’m doing is testing the leveling, flying changes and seeing if the phasing in Lordaeron is fixed and the warband stuff.

Everything else will wait until the actual expansion comes out. I don’t want to spoil myself.

While beta is designed for testing, it’s honestly less about testing. This is way more marketing than testing at this point. Blizzard is absolutely aware of how people are going to want to interact with the beta, and that it gives them a metric crap ton of free marketing.
The only testing that matters is bugs. They don’t care about our feedback on most things (Remember Covenants and Azerite powers?) They want a wide range of people for the weird bugs that a horde of peeps will turn up. But that sweet, sweet free content for people to drag people back to the game? Or to get new people interested?

1 Like

I’m starting to understand selling beta access was a mistake.

1 Like

No action is required by you. The thing is that the PTR and Beta is connected. So what you are login in to (in the WoW TWW beta client) is the PTR account.
The servers you are seeing are the PTR servers which still are dragonflight servers thus saying incompatible.

No one have received access to the Beta yet. It’s only the client that is available.

2 Likes

https://x.com/BlizzardCS/status/1798434685174882558
Won’t let me post the link, but Realms aren’t up according to BlizzCS

Blizzard says its now up.
But its not.

from our perspective, yep. from bean counters perspective, hell no.

1 Like