Got Beta- NO SERVERS OPEN!

It’s not ready yet, thanks.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure authentication and queing tests are fundamental to a beta release. Where would Blizzard have been able to test bandwidth and user traffic before this time?

Hint: they aren’t going to allocate a full set of servers to this endeavor. You’re intended to have a reasonably high queue length. They gain little if users spread out to a billion different servers and don’t test traffic and latency.

2 Likes

You don’t say, Sherlock. Thanks.

3 Likes

Complaining about everything Blizz does is all part of the fun.

2 Likes

I’m going to go to your job and complain that you aren’t 100% perfect all the time.

1 Like

Waiting to see how long it is before people start threads complaining about not being able to get in beta and wanting compensation because they can’t get in.

11 Likes

I did see servers up for a minute before, but all listed as Incompatible. So, I updated my display driver. Hoping that will resolve said issue.

1 Like

It won’t. Versions match, but Blizzard hasn’t allowed server access yet.

2 Likes

No, you’re right, I’d rather wait to download the game while the servers are live than to have it ready to go once they are.

2 Likes

You’re going to have a queue to get in regardless. Not my fault you couldn’t get there sooner to download and get in.

Either way, servers aren’t up and they should have been. All there is to it.

1 Like

So basically the boss?

1 Like

my question is, if i leave it on the “incompatible server” menu, will they go green when it is compatible, or will we have some update to get first?

A lot of assumptions.

You’ll get timed out and booted.

it will probably boot you off to refresh everything

Ima be honest, I expected a minimum 2 hour download/install process plus at least 45 minutes in the login queue, that is if the login queue didn’t break all together.

The fact that I had no installation issues in under 15 minutes just blows my mind. I am unsurprised by everything else.

2 Likes

You found a job customers didn’t complain in? Where???

2 Likes

it takes time to put the Alpha servers back into Beta Servers, so it will probably take a certain time and then we have time it is still early I think that this will be done (operational) in the afternoon now it is up to all of us to be be patient!

1 Like

At least you used fewer words to still say a whole lot of nothing.

1 Like

Every year, same post :smiley:

2 Likes