Goodbye Unholy, Hello Frost

I made a thread called ‘pet management’ to obtain input on Unholy pet issues. Mainly them doing their own thing. Incase you didn’t get read it, my pets every so often seemed to do their own thing to the point their behavior kills keys. I changed to Clawing Shadows from All Will Serve and it helped a little, even with the ghoul. While in Dark Transformation the ghoul still kills keys. My pet, my responsibility. Still would like to know for certain what happened but that’s not possible.

To the point. I love almost everything about unholy DK. With minimal change in gear I can go Blood and tank. The Icons, the ghoul fighting by my side, dark transformation, having both death grip and asphyxiate (thank you auto-correct).

In place of anything pet, if I had any say in how to fix the issue is new/altered talents. One is a 15 talent that replaced All will Serve with Night Skulker. Same dps as the skulker but looks like the purple stuff priests have. Instead of purple, it’s an electric mucus color (planet express ship green). It does the same dps and the skulker, not asking for a buff.

Another one is still have the talent called Dark Transformation, with the same amount of dps over the same amount of time, but if the Night Skulker talent is chosen, that fog turns black for the duration. if Night Skulker isn’t chosen a black fog around the room appears. That way the legendaries could still work as well as the conduits. Only change needed would be discription.

As the title says , Goodbye Unholy. As far as classes and specs go, Unholy is where my heart is. sometimes it’s me, other times it’s Blizzards’ coding and I can only correct one of these things. Thanks to Blizz, I’m coming out as Frost. Unholy rotation is already one of the harder ones, having to tell my pet to stay because assist is broken makes is a fun killer for me.

Small addendum- how about unless told otherwise the ghoul, in DT or not, has a distance limit from the player. I’m thinking the same distance as the slappers from Undying Army.

Bind pet passive, I enjoy frost myself for this reason also.

Manually activate combat for the pet, I’m used to it got on pvp and its silly that we need to do it for the reason you do(pet just running off and pulling) but it is what it is.

I /kb Stay to my DPI button. If the ghoul still decides to bum rush it should stop and I can dismiss. Dismiss is /kb to my profile button. I need to make an if macro for stay and follow.

Use passive its more reliable, the bug can cause the pet to attack even if you use stay.

Its also faster, that can be clutch in a small room.

My bad, Raziael. Didn’t noticed you replied to ‘pet managment’. I’ll give that a try. Thank You.

I didn’t think thar through completely, using stay. Yeah, Passive would be better. Right before an NPC dies, I hit passive I can still dps with my pet macros. Stay I also had to tell it to follow and if a NPC was still up even if I’m doing nothing the pet continued to attack. Good call, Raziael.

Addendum- I just tested out passive right outside Necrotic Wake. For the first few min all seemed well. Then it happened. While NOT in Dark Transformation, the ghoul ran off to another npc. I can confirm no npc was targeted by me. This also happened while in DT shortly after. The only viable option for me as Unholy is to use Stay. As we all know alot can on in a dungeon and need to be thinking about the next pull. This gives me a fraction of a sec dungeons to hit Stay before thing turn bad.

Welcome aboard to the, same amount of buttons, better spec.

Enjoy

Thank You, Nethx

Weird, ive never experienced this problem with the DK pets. Im loving unholy atm, and my single target dps is godly for my ilvl. Aside from a clunky and weird rotation sometimes, I cant really complain, maybe ill give frost a try and see how it compares.

The All Will Serve skulker has some of the worse AI and its only useful for raiding mostly except Denathrius since it doesn’t go through mirrors. It’s even worse in keys.

Also, I’d be interested to see if you have any abilities bound. I had issues with my ghoul until I had Claw macros baked into all my main GCD locked binds.

I’ve noticed that the ghoul will attack the target dummy beside the one I’m hitting and have to manually peel it off. I have Claw macro’d into almost all of my abilities and still hits the wrong target dummy…

1 Like

Thats really weird. I’ve personally ran into that :frowning:

I had same issue. I prefer frost but at one point was forced to go unholy pretty much…my own force…no one else did . After two weeks of it and not finding anything that I was doing wrong, I switched back to frost and been ever since.