Goodbye Faction Pride

I recommend we have an account wide achievement for those who don’t play with the opposite faction.

Yeah cross-faction gameplay might bring new players… But for myself who still “role plays” in this “roleplay game” the thought of cross-faction gameplay is disgusting.

I’ve been Horde proud since Wrath and I refuse to play alongside the disgusting Alliance; those Horde members that do should be branded as traitors.

68 Likes

Imaging getting upset over a video game.

190 Likes

Imagine roleplaying in a roleplay game.

64 Likes

Faction pride can exist without faction conflict.

Unless you think factions are solely defined by the faction conflict, which in that case, any faction pride would seem incredibly shallow and arbitrary.

132 Likes

Imagine wanting a free trophy for gimping yourself and thinking the pixels would earn you respect.

33 Likes

You want an achievement for being racist, in game?? Am I reading this correctly? LOL

46 Likes

There is no achievement for not using merc mode. Why would there be an achievement for this?

16 Likes

You don’t have to. Just toggle option. But you may or may not see more or less groups depending on how much people keep that toggle on.

I have characters on both sides akready so it’s nothing new to me. Just probably more groups to choose from on both sides.

5 Likes

Lmao no wonder people are going back to alliance with cross faction introduced they don’t want to be associated with crybabies

28 Likes

Roll with the changes or you won’t have a game to roleplay in!

4 Likes

from what i understand, you don’t have to play with the opposite faction. Group finding tools will still be faction locked unless they are manual premades, no?

7 Likes

You’re a minority.

Yes, only premade. The random queue function will still be faction locked, as you limit the toxicity trap that could wind up to be.

5 Likes

Kill alliance in the overworld. Ez pz. Making a key group? Don’t invite any of those pesky gnomes! See an alliance player in your LFR? Leave!

You show 'em who’s boss!

I on the other hand am happy to see this change!

19 Likes

Strange that you have the double agent achievement (both factions to level cap) earned in 2018, a lot of self loathing going on there or? :joy:

70 Likes

Role play?

2 Likes

Tfw you RP not being apart of either faction.

6 Likes

Good, you have the choice to do this. Faction pride isn’t going away either. Factions still exist exactly as they always have. You can just group with someone of the other faction in instanced content. You know, content that canonically we are doing together anyways; like literally Sanctum of Domination, the current tier.

You also play a Highmountain Tauren. A race that was helped out significantly by the Alliance and who actually has zero reason to have an incentive to go to war against the Alliance. Interesting.

20 Likes

Your choice, but the horde/allliance have been working together since wrath… by now it’s pretty much cannon and should be easy to RP to, unless you are either rping as a nightelf due to the burned tree or rping as someone that’s hates any race that isn’t horde/alliance

5 Likes

So don’t opt in and retain your pride?

Though you will still be invited to tea parties!

:cookie:

3 Likes

If your Horde pride just consists of “me kill Alliance, me good tauren”, you’re not really a proud or worthy Horde member.

30 Likes