Good games under 40?

I am wanting to give my friend good game suggestions that are under 40, so then they can stream them. I’ve suggested the following: nier automata, dark souls remastered, skyrim, thysemia, and some others.

Under 40 what?

Like I’m talking about games that are $40 dollars and lower

Vampire Survivors. $3 on steam

Project Zomboid.

It’s sort of a game where you make your own fun due to it being a sandbox survival game, but it’s got various challenges both baked into the game and also community made. It’s also got an extensive modding community. I have around 576 hours in the game. The first time I got it I thought it was pretty neat but couldn’t really get into it. Picked it up a few weeks later on a whim and I don’t think I put it down for a solid eight or nine hours and there’s been plenty of times after that where I’ve played for even longer. There’s something just incredibly satisfying about the gameplay loop for me, especially when you add in things like night sprinters. I think it’s probably one of the most in depth survival games on the market, so if you’re into survival games I 100% suggest it so long as you’re alright with Sims 1 inspired graphics and isometric camera angles. It has a small learning curve to it, but learning as you play and surviving for longer and longer periods of time is really neat. It recently got a multiplayer update if that’s more your style, which includes the ability to run modded servers. If you’d like to see some extensive gameplay from an entertaining individual to get a feel for what sort of stuff the game has to offer, I highly suggest checking out Ambiguousamphibian’s youtube stuff. I suggest his Zero to Hero playlist which follows his playthrough of one of the most challenging starts the game has to offer.

Another survival game (Can you tell I like this genre a lot?) that’s pretty great is Valheim. It was pretty popular during 2020 and 2021. Slow on the updates, but they’ve been actively updating the game. INCREDIBLY comfy game and definitely a good one to play with friends.

1 Like

Cult of the Lamb.

Valheim

/10chars