Good change with the 60 day game time purchase

Yeah, expecting people to manage their own money.

I’m outraged.

2 Likes

I usually subscribed via buying gametime in one month increments. With this change i’m more than likely going to have my subscription lapse again due to not really wishing to invest 2 month increments when I don’t believe i’ll be playing for 2 months.

I don’t wish to subscribe in to reoccurring monthly billings either.

17 Likes

The boost, datamined cash shop things, and now this. Well classic was fun while it lasted, a shame since I was hyped for TBC prior to Blizzcon. I’m done, good luck everyone.

13 Likes

It’s been studied and proven that locking people in to a recurring subscription often results in the customer paying more than they would have without a subscription. It’s Blizzard taking advantage of a consumer unfriendly practice.

18 Likes

Now I have to borrow $30 bucks from my Mom instead of 15 at a time… this is going to lead to “the talk”.

10 Likes

sigh
Ok.

Oh, expecting people to be responsible adults and take care of their personal finances is “scamming” eh? Ok.

Again, its a business. Businesses try to maximize value and find ways to increase profit. If you don’t like the decision, then omg, you don’t have to buy their product.

Before: “Meh, sure I’ll try shadowlands” (spends $15 on a sub and plays for 20 days before quitting)

Now: “Meh, sure I’ll try shadowlands” (spends $30 on a sub and plays for 20 days before quitting)

Because money.

4 Likes

If this forum had downvotes, that post would beat EA’s “pride and accomplishment” post.

4 Likes

I agree that people should be more on their finances. However, the entire point of this change is to give Blizzard a higher chance of charging their own customers for a game they aren’t playing anymore. When was the last time Blizzard made a consumer friendly change?

4 Likes

Terrible change.

I wont pay for two accounts for that much. I can’t afford that at one time.

And they haven’t given me a reason to actually have a recurring sub. So no.

Terrible change. Reducing options is a Blizzard problem they need to stop.

10 Likes

Blues used to get downvoted to hidden status on the old forums :rofl:

2 Likes

You still spend 15$ on a sub

Unless you considering going to the blizz store and buying gametime a sub

This is stupid.
I usually buy game time when unsure if interested in the new content, so a month is perfect for me to decide if I want to actually subscribe or not.I’m not paying for two months of a game that I might play for a week.
This just makes it easier for me to stay away from WoW the next time I quit for the season.

Also: How the heck is this game justifying its monthly fee as it is? I pay less per month for specific server hosting for certain games, and that is a server instance being spun up for me and reamining on 24/7, not just one spot on one server for a few hours a day.

6 Likes

I dont think it worked that way back then… you could have 5246 downvotes and still have the thread up couldnt you? I was young I may have been mistaken.

Or you could just pay monthly via Account Services?

I could have swore it worked similar as it does atm. In the older iterations it just grayed out the text.

Could 100% be my memory sucking though.

Sounds like you’re missing the point.

I can have an urge to play a game without making a commitment. Things like this are just one more thing that’ll get me launching something else instead.

I enjoy WoW, but the thought of committing to it; saying, “Yes Daddy, I’ll definitely make use of 60 freaking days of gametime” is a massive turnoff.

7 Likes

Are you disagreeing with me in principle or on semantics because I wrote sub instead of “specifically non-sub gametime purchase in new increment”

I feel maybe we could not upvote or downvote blues as well… but maybe thats another game forum from my past as well.