Good alternatives to Open World "MMO's" that aren't MMOs

I’m not quiting WoW or the genre but I would like some diversity in my gaming habits while still being able to explore massive worlds. I have a gaming PC , no Switch/xbox/PS…so what PC games do you recommend for a mid budget machine that are “similar” to games in the MMO genre. Thanks all.

Speaking of massive worlds, I came across this video earlier today on YT that compares the world map sizes in various games, some being open world but not necessarily MMOs. Maybe you can check some of the games mentioned here for that exploration (note the video is from 2019, so it won’t include games after that point):

Valheim is really good.

Witcher 3 with the DLC packs included is am amazing game with many months worth of exploring, leveling, crafting, killing and adventuring. It’s a single player game of course but it’ll scratch that fantasy itch.

Elden Ring.
Deep customization, Huge open world.

The best alternative to WoW that isn’t an MMO is Kingdoms of Amalur. I really enjoyed it.

Yep, it’s good and by far gets the closest to scratching the WoW itch out of any game I’ve played.

I just bought wasteland 3 on gog.com and it’s pretty spiffy… not your open world game but it’s different enough from wow to keep my brain interested

Skyrim and Fallout go without saying. The upcoming Harry Potter game looks INSANE!
Kingdom of Aamalur was made by WoW fans and is basically a single player MMO.

Then you have WRPG games like Divinity:Original Sin 2, Baulders Gate, Pathfinder, Pillars of Eternity, etc etc etc, though these are party based and more based on Dungeons and Dragons style games.