Gong Ringing Soon on Some Realms

this is a joke right?

12 Likes

I swear I remember in Vanilla running right into the instance as soon as someone the gong got hit. I remember not even enjoyin the event cause us and the other top guilds ran right in for server first rights and left the helpless nubs to die by themselves which was comical in itself.

Hopefully you forget that it happen , Since you largely appreciated by
the server community.

Is this real life? I can’t even…

8 Likes

Could you clarify if the raid reset is going to be DELAYED tomorrow?

Just as an FYI, weekly raid resets occur at different times in different time zones, so 11 AM PDT is only relevant for west coast servers unless Blizzard intends to delay resets on east coast ones. And also FYI, all five of the listed servers are east coast. This should read 8:00 a.m. PDT unless Blizzard intends to delay for some reason.

The most important piece of information in the post and it isn’t clear at all.

1 Like

Lotta whining in this thread just because he barely mentioned the word “streamer”.

Thanks Boeuff, that’s appreciated.

I would wager, if you have a scepter, or are in a group with a scepter holder, you will be immune from being ported out. A person planning on streaming the event is likely in one of the categories above as well.

This is a once in a server life event, and even if you can’t participate in it, getting to at least see it live is the next best thing.

I interpret this as “all these servers will have the gong quest available by 11am PDT tomorrow”. Not “all these servers will have the gong quest available at 11am PDT tomorrow”.

1 Like

pretty sure if people didnt care about participating in it, they wouldnt be paying a monthly sub fee.

getting to watch some streamer do it because you’ve been ported out to make space for someone in their raid group is an absolute joke of a solution, and saying “oh, you can watch the stream, its the next best thing!” is laughable.

4 Likes

Not what I’m saying, at all. The rest of the servers will likely have their gong rung at some random time where a lot of people can’t participate in it, unless blizzard deliberately makes the 120 hour transfer time not exactly 120 hours, but 120 hours + however many hours it takes to get it to a “normal” time of day. If someone rings the gong at 3am the war will end at 1pm, far before most people get off work, and far too late at night for most people to be awake for. Unless of course, they only play wow and do nothing else.

I’m not talking about forcing people to watch a stream as a second place prize, I’m talking about people who cannot participate due to other reasons but still want to see what it is.

1 Like

It matters because those servers will have the supplies in Silithus and can bang the gong as soon as they complete the scepter once they finish the last shard with a BWL run.

For once, I agree with you completely.

5 Likes

I just happened to be in Silithus during the 10 hour war on Hakkar back in 2006 and I got wrekt by a huge Anubisoth general. At the time I didn’t actually know what was going on.

I remember the event back in 2006 and all the spawns and stuff but my biggest memory was the extreme server lag. In that way it does make sense that they are porting people out, although the servers can handle more stress than they did back then.

Hi! I’m the Scarab Lord who was banned on Sulfuras by mass reports.

I will be streaming today through my PoV:

1 Like

agreed. this a new level of low for blizzard.

4 Likes

The event last 10 hours. This should make it more than likely that most players will be able to experience at least a portion of it, but zone limits throw a wrench in that.

Good luck and god speed

I so want to see the Ten Hour War this time around but am skeptical that any of my servers will pull it off.

Population issues mostly.

Bust out the OBS and Mixer streams everyone! Gotta pump up that viewer count to stay connected to Silithus otherwise you’ll get tossed out like you aint got no muscles!