Gone Chromie and trying to finish Mists of Pandaria

Sorry I am new. I’ve been playing Mists of Pandaria and have no idea on how to finish it. I tried googling the ending and it seems that the only way to end it is to do a raid on the final boss. Is this true?

If your in Chromie, Mists should take you all the way to 50. I can’t answer your question, but you tube and this tracker might help. There are videos for most quests on you tube.

I think you’re thinking in a different form of completion… I think I’ll give you a more philosophical answer.
WoW doesn’t have completion in the same sense you think it does. For the most part, completion is a culmination of doing current content over a 2 year period in a given expansion. That is subdivided into parts. There’s zone completions which conclude a zones various storylines. There’s post game quests and adventures. There’s rep grinds to reach exalted. Pet battles, mount collections etc. Completionism in WoW takes many forms.

There’s also the continuous lore that starts the game and ends in a raid. WoW players do not think in beginnings and ends. They think in terms of reaching a higher level and doing current content, which right now is Shadowlands. Note how Astryss’ answer was about reaching level 50 being completion :slight_smile: she’s doing the very same thing.

Do not let this deter you from what doing what you’re enjoying. If you’re curious about the story and more, completion will involve doing quests, being sent to dungeons, and then raids to see the storyline conclude. You can use the completion tracker to determine where to go next if you’re steuggling. You’ll be able to solo Mists raids at max level, if you truly want to see what happens after. Otherwise, your goal is to reach level 50 and then enter Shadowlands and then your journey “really” begins.

The journey “really” begins at level 60 :smile:

1 Like

It depends on what you mean by “finish.” For the leveling questing, Dread Wastes is the last zone.

From a story perspective, things get more complicated, as a lot of the story comes out using end game content. The good news is, that if you use Chromie Time to do the leveling content, you’ll probably be 50 before you finish and at that point, you can solo the dungeon and raid content if you want to experience them.

It can be a bit confusing coming to the content now as it’s all becomes available at once. (Originally, stuff came out a bit at a time in patches.)

Here’s the general order of MoP content:

The zone questing content, which includes the dungeons for the zones and goes in this order:
Jade Forest
Valley of the Four Winds and Krasarang Wilds (the VotFW finale requires completing both zones)
Kun Lai Summit
Townlong Steppes
Dread Wastes

Just as a note, the leveling content doesn’t include the “Landfall” quests in Krasarang Wilds. (Those quests involve starting up a base on the beach for both factions.)

The Mogushan Vaults, Heart of Fear, and Terrace of Endless Spring Raids

The Landfall content in Krasarang Wilds. (The chain starts from the Shrine in the Vale, where you are sent to meet a scout.) This content is rep gated. So, you’ll do a bit of the story, and you’ll get daily quests as well. After a few days of daily quests, you’ll get more story. (When you get to revered rep, you can buy a commendarion token from the quartermaster that will double your rep, and help the last part of the story go a bit faster.)

The Isle of Thunder questing content and the Throne of Thunder Raid.

The Blood in the Snow Scenario
The Dark Heart of Pandaria Scenario

Siege of Orgrimmar Raid

True! Blizz likes the end game more. Leveling is a pre-quel. But I meant 50 being completion in terms of what you should do currently. But really, WoW never ends.

So there is not an actual story ending to Mist of Pandaria. It’s sole purpose is to simply level?

There is, and Udiza’s post explains how you can do just that. And if you enjoy the storyline and want to see how it ends, you should go ahead and do that.

But the common philosophy for current players that 1-50 is “just leveling,” because it’s content they’ve already done… and 50-60 is to do the current content, and 60 is where “the real game begins.” But WoW is a game of many games, so you really have to go out to do what you want to do.

Sorry I’m not one hundred percent sure on this but don’t you get kicked out of Chromie once you reach 50?

You do get kicked out, but you can still go back and do the content. It just won’t scale to you. (Which when it comes to soloing raids, is a good thing!) Mists of Pandaria stops scaling at 35 without Chromie Time.

You do also have the option of turning off your experience when you get to level 49 if you want to continue with the level scaling active. That’s a popular choice for people who want to finish questing in an expansion without overpowering stuff.

Bear in mind that every expansion was the endgame expansion at one time. You were expected to be able to continue playing at the expansion level cap for 18-24 months.

All expansions have a lot of content to do after you hit the expansion level cap.
You never “win” or “end” an expansion unless you have completed all the quests, group content, and rep grinds.

IMO, the closest a leveling character can realistically get to completing an expansion at this point in time is to get the Loremaster achievement for the expansion which involves completing most of the expansions quests.

Another option is to use 1-50 expansions primarily for leveling and watch their respective lore you tube videos for the story. Shadowlands is where 80-90%+ of the population is playing. Most people have multiple characters as well. There are several MOP you tube lore videos here is one of them.

https://youtu.be/CYHqVae0DQI