Goliath Trophy drop rate

What’s up with having a quest that recommends a group to complete for a drop rate of <10%?

I just spent 30 minutes flying around Uldum looking for Goliaths. Got 73% completion for the invasion almost entirely on killing those mobs and just now got the trophy.

Is this bugged or is this intentional? I can’t think of any daily that was tagged as a group quest with THIS bad of a drop rate.

19 Likes

It is freaking AWFUL. I only had to kill about 19 or so… but my wife had to kill nearly 30 before she got her freaking trophy finally.

On top of that, it’s a faction tap mob… (along with some of the new rares, but that deserves a whole other complaint thread)… so half of the time when one finally spawns it was already tapped by the other side, so you can’t get the drop anyway.

It’s BONKERS. Straight BONKERS that this is a thing.

12 Likes

The whole patch is just terrible. I just canceled my sub after participating in the new assault. It’s just too much grinding and there are too many bugs to deal with.

5 Likes

Glad to know I’m not crazy. Killed 20+ on two chars without a drop and decided in both cases it wasn’t worth the grind. Was convinced that there was probably something I was missing in the execution (couldn’t find the quest on Wowhead and quest text only has about a 25% chance of telling you what you need to know).

I’m amazed that they turnes dailies into such a time sink. I just gave up on the kill 4 rares in vale today. I’m not really complaining but I wasnt expecting these crazy dailies.

2 Likes

It’s not just the Goliath Trophy quest. It was impossible to find elites when the elite quest was up even when there isn’t a ton of people (yet when the quest isn’t up you’re mobbed by them.

The 4 rare quest in the vale was a nightmare. Then when rares did spawn, they all spawned at the same time so it was impossible to get the 4 done.

The collect x item quests have terrible spawn rates (especially the cage one in the vale).

All I read in general chat in both areas were people complaining because they couldn’t find quest items.

3 Likes

Ooh hey theres the panda in a cage I need to click on! Oh nvm that guy just clicked it.

10 Likes

The drop rate is abysmally low. Another poorly-designed quest.

There are also issues with some of the rares and events. I know at least one of them, the one with the obsidian destroyer, had issues with tagging. Unlike every other rare this entire patch, only a limited number of people were able to tag it. It encourages people to not assist with the event and to instead wait for someone else to kill off all the bulky, hard-hitting elites while you try to snipe a tag on the rare as it activates.

2 Likes

Did the quest in a group of three.

The first trophy dropped for our windwalker on the 4th mob.
The second dropped for my hunter at around 20.
The third finally dropped for our priest after nearly 40 goliaths. We had long filled the assault bar before we could finally stop farming the trophy for her and finish the rest of the dailies.

Low drop rates, low spawn rates on things like rares and single-use clickables for quests. It’s like they didn’t bother to balance this content at all.

5 Likes

The RNG for those is real. Dropped on my first kill on this toon, but on my main horde toon it took me over 100 kills to find one.

What I want to know is, who came up with the idea to have a flying debuff worm. Screw that guy.

1 Like

It’s real easy to avoid. I’ve had the debuff once so far and that was because I wasn’t paying attention.

1 Like

Yeah I know but still…

The worst part of this is, once upon a time, Blizzard gave the finger to such grindy MMO traditions and implemented tech that as more people hunted in a certain area with limited spawns for quests, the mobs DYNAMICALLY spawned more frequently so people weren’t just sitting around.

It let people PLAY THE GAME, instead of just sitting around waiting to play the game. It was brilliant!

A Blizzard I once loved… gone.

9 Likes

I got lucky and got it after 10 or so kills. I was just happy there are some soloable elites there because their wasn’t many people there at the time I was.

I was flying low around a building and got hit from behind. 120% debuff for 3 minutes. Not happy with that

Can confirm. Drop rates are bad.

1 Like

I got in an argument on Twitter with someone who said “just fly closer to the ground.” Umm, define “the ground” dude. The Vale is full of slopes and little hills, Uldum is half plateaus. And I fly low enough to be able to see the nameplates of mobs, since, you know, I’m hunting things to kill.

Not to mention the objectives set on platforms or high in towers, depending on the zone.

I personally don’t mind the worm so much since they nerfed the size of the aura, but I think the players who claim it’s a non-issue are being a bit disingenuous; if it were truly only there because of “afk flying” the buff wouldn’t stack so fast or be so long. And honestly, I find the mobs that “leash” you from the ground far more interesting mechanically, since they’re something to spot and actively avoid rather than a long-term annoyance.

1 Like

I think this is the ONLY daily in this patch that made me say this, and I’m not paraphrasing…

“****ING REALLY?”

Out loud in real life.

2 Likes

Oh really? I’ve only done that daily once and got the trophy on the 5th or 6th or so kill, sucks that I just got lucky. What took me 100+ kills was gettin those 6 or whatever number hyena pelts or something like that