Golden Eye

I must be the worse glutton for punishment with collecting pets…here I am out there in Shadowlands area trying to get this dang Golden Eye that has like a 0.2% drop rate …reading up on this pet some folks have more then 1200+ kills and still don’t have it…dang…

It’s the rarest pet drop in the Maw by far. The Amaranthine Stinger is the next most rare, and 18.5% of players on Xu-Fu have it, compared with a paltry 7.3% for Golden Eye. I didn’t play Shadowlands and I’m not sure yet if I’ll go back for all the pets, but even if I do I’m not sure I have the patience for that one.

What is crazy is I have the Amaranthine Stinger one…well its either farm it or pay 350K for it on my realm…which I won’t do …

I don’t blame you there. I’m not above buying pets off the AH, I’ve obtained some really great pets at bargain prices that way, but I refuse to pay more than Shop prices for a pet. I’ll just farm the content if I want it that badly. I might consider it if I could find it for around $20 in gold prices and it was literally the last pet standing between me and a collection Achievement pet, but hopefully that won’t ever be the case.

The 0.2% drop rate wouldn’t be so bad if the mobs that drop it were more plentiful and had higher respawn rates. Seems like after killing all 5 or 6 mobs, it takes 5 minutes to find another one to kill. I would just as soon go farm a Tiny Red Carp.

2 Likes

Yeah there are not a lot of mobs that show up there that drop it…like you said kill about 4 or 5 then you’ve to got to wait for respawns…would be great if there were more mobs to work with.

I thank you.

Last night I popped down to complete the last quest I hadn’t done to complete the Tremaculum achievement. While I was there, this thread was enough on my mind that I decided to roll the dice again.

I got the Golden Eye on something like my tenth kill last night.

I was just stunned. I had been down to that hellhole (in both senses) so many times during Shadowlands I had assumed it would never drop. There was a solid minute where my brain wasn’t working. You know when you have farmed something SO many times that you KNOW it’s not going to drop; you’re just going through the motions for another half-hour or hour.

Well, I guess, sometimes it drops. :smiley:

2 Likes

Yep know that feeling all too well two years ago I finally got the Love Rocket to drop after 13 yrs of farming it …was on one of my alts…and I just stared at my screen for long long time just couldn’t believe it finally dropped…

And congrats on your Golden Eye drop…

3 Likes

I got that feeling a few times in Nazjatar.

If you do, I would recommend taking a 70th level toon. You won’t even get to the Maw until you’ve gone through four of the islands, and you may as well take something that can deal with the content quickly. It would be nice to get flying, but not necessary for the Maw. That is a no-fly zone.

Because the Maw in particular is a pain. Stealthing helps, but there are wandering see invis mobs.