Gold making profession?

i have alot of different professions but none of them seem good for making gold…what profession should i get for gold?

Gold making is kind of rough in Midnight at this point in the season. You have a few options and they all have good and bad sides.

the easiest option is to treat your patron orders like a mission table. Get craftsim or No Mats, No Make so you can see which ones are profitable and just do those when they come up. The profit is not bad but it also isn’t going to make you rich unless you do it on a lot of characters.

Crafting and selling decor can make a lot of gold with any profession but you have to farm the lumber yourself, and it might sell slowly depending on your server.

If you want to use concentration for gold the only decent option left is alchemy but that’s getting nerfed in 12.1. Probably too late to start that from 0.

Most professions have a few things you can mass craft for very low margins but you’ll need to be very optimized for it to work… all epic tools and a full talent build. If you want to go the mass crafting route I’d check out Everhealer on YouTube, she goes over things in way more detail than I can here.

none of these options are especially amazing but you can make them work if you put time into them.

Main is a tailor and getting mats is grindy set to horror levels. I’ve maxed out but it did take a couple of hundred thousand in gold just to do that because I hate grinding. One thing to farm but Midnight doesn’t even give you bonuses when you max the “bonus” spec for it. Specs alone, patron table, you’re not getting players orders unless you can get a commission through chat, Darkmoon Faire, and luck through picking up the random supply bags hidden throughout the maps. Blizzard seems to have concentrated more on end game mythic type stuff more than the other stuff like professions. Made a killing on bags in TWW. Not anything now.

gathering ore and herbs always makes money - however, if you are asking this question you want easy money and lots of it. Good luck. I make my money back on my investments in all my professions but I likely would make more gold just spending the time I spend on them just doing world quests on all my characters.

Craft the epic fishing pole and get to fishing. Sell the expensive fish and use the junk fish for cooking.

Although most of my gold isn’t coming from professions, it’s coming from Delves. You’ll figure it out if you play the game. Also you wanna spend gold to make gold. Also if you gather, it’s easy to turn the stuff into something that sells for more. You should take advantage of flipping to the fullest and when I say flip, I don’t mean buy and resell, I mean turn the things you gather into things that are more profitable, but also a little buying to resell as well.

Idk if theres any rn but I do patron orders everyday and tailoring engineering enchanting you get 50-70g plus a bag of mats or moxie and that 600g augment thing sometimes all for like 3-15g in mats. I avoid any that require expensive mats and sometimes it’ll give you all the mats or most and with resourcefulness you can get good stuff back sometimes too at least for tailoring.