Gold glitched from my small family guild bank

Realm Cairne. Guild bank Java Beans. Owner, me, Javaminx. There was a realm merge yesterday. The day before there was almost 600,000 gold in the guild. Right after the merge, the gold total went down to 221,000.

I was last off and first on. No one took that gold. The guild perms are not set for anyone, but me, to take that much out. The guild money log shows that the last time someone took or put in money was 19 days ago. That is false because I was putting in money every day.

So I opened a ticket and got a BS response. It said that due to high ticket volumes that they could not help me. That instead I needed to look up and fix the issue myself. 1. The gold was not taken out by a family member or me. 2. There is no way that I can recover the gold that Blizzard glitched out of my guild when the merge happened.

I was saving the gold to try to get the auction house mount.

Gold, you have likely seen my post as well missing the 1.3M gold. I received the same exact response as you, no time available along with links for me to research the issue to sites like Wowhead. Not sure why I need to go research at 3rd party sites for a Blizzard issue, but I’ll do whatever. I spent a lot of time getting to where I am right now goldwise.

I did reopen the ticket they marked as “Answered” in the hopes that a human actually looks at the details. I have screenshots and TSM data to show all of my activity for the past month… and like you only have me and my son in the Guild so I wasn’t hacked. This was straight up a snapshot in time that they reset my GB to with regard to the logs and the money totals.

Goldcup, have you heard anything from your ticket at all, or any other guidance through the forums? It’s been crickets on my end. I am going to be fairly upset if there is the assumption I am going to roll over on 1.3M gold missing.

No response after I reopened my ticket yesterday. I am thinking that they will just ignore it.

Well it appears there are a few others with similar experience which is both fortunate for us, and unfortunate for them. At least this shows that there was a larger scale problem with some, and they will need to look into it a bit more. Hopeful one of us gets something soon. Good luck!

There are many others, I’ve been checking the forums, it looks like they messed up a bunch of guild banks specifically. Mine, yours, Veladoran’s, and a dozen or so others.

Thanks for the info. I hope that WoW is able to fix this issue.

Goldcup / Ricktus, have either of you had any contact based on your ticket beyond it being auto-closed and needing to re-open? Been nearly three days, and not a single peep on my end. Starting to get impatient. Thanks

Nothing, just shills commenting on my post. The only thing I’ve seen is a response from a blue saying that they had lots of these types of complaints recently, but no one has responded to my ticket as of yet.

No response but for the automated BS that is sent out when they do not bother to read what is going on. Besides that, nothing. I have seen several on forums post about getting duplicate items for their auction house posts and have not seen any response on those either. I think someone is sleeping at the helm and WOW is just heading off to the unknown with all of us in tow.

OK Gold & Ricktus, I finally received a response after 3 days, and I am thoroughly pissed off at this point. In the response, which i will not fully post here as I am not sure if that is allowed, I was told that my 3rd party program was inaccurate in its totals and that back in June I must have deleted a character or something and that is where the money went or was lost.

What this person who answered me failed to realize, is that I like probably most Guild Leaders, keep active in monitoring my guild bank balance. I started back in early May saving for the Bruto Mount to purchase for my son prior to SL Pre-Patch. Every single day I kept an eye on where I was, and what was needed daily to keep on pace. Secondly, to say that TSM or any other 3rd Part Addon may not be 100% accurate I can buy… But to suddenly see 1.3M gold differences is not an accuracy issue. Oh and real funny occurrence, it was 3.5M prior to the Realm Reset and then 2.2M following the reset.

https://imgur.com/a/T7KmW70

Is there a number that either of you are aware of that I can call to actually speak to someone about this? I consider this along the same lines of a real bank that I have an account with losing power, and when they power back up, telling me that my account is short real money and they aren’t responsible to cover the loss. This is the equivalent of nearly 10 Tokens or roughly $150.

1 Like

I got the same dam reply. I do not use addons. My husband uses a different with updated addons. We both see the same amount in the bank. Also how the hell can an addon take out gold from the bank. AAAHHHHHHHhhh I am getting mad at WoW now.

1 Like

Thanks for the update Gold. Sorry we got the same response, but at the same time we have similar issues that they need to resolve. I resubmitted my ticket again with more data and details. Good example of you not using addons as opposed to your husband. I use addons (TSM), and my son has absolutely nothing other than recount which he informed me he has had disabled. On the morning of 8/4/2020, he saw the guild bank balance as shown in the WOW UI as just a hair over 3.5M gold. He then saw it at 10pm that night at 2.2M gold. Again, both through the WOW UI raw.

Quick question. How does your Guild Money Log look? Is it squirrely with regard to dates? Like does it skip or not show recent activity around the time of the reset/connection on 8/4?

I have never used twitter or reddit, but see where some recommend posting there about for more attention. I may create accounts and post there? Seems these forums are more Player to Player help centers, which I am grateful for, but this is a pure WOW issue I believe and will take some research on their part to verify and realize that there is an issue.

I will not stop posting about this until it gets resolved, I can assure them of that.

I opened a new ticket because the old one marked as fixed. I listed the ticket number. I also told them that giving the excuse of an addon for physically missing gold in the guild as a lame excuse along with a description of how lame I thought it was. I am not happy with this. Next time I see a merge coming I will take all the gold out. One bright side is that the AH glitched and I got several duplicates of items and pets that I was selling to make gold to get the AH mount. I am currently selling these in hope to try to make up for the gold that WoW stole from me.

2 Likes

and it doesn’t happen.

ALL tickets need to be replied to.

it can’t.

but it CAN cause display issues.

it seems a little coincidental that everyone who is experiencing this, also seems to be using TSM.

:thinking:

Goldcup stated early on that she does not use any addons (TSM included), I use TSM but only as a lister of auctions due to it being more user friendly. I track all of my gold through WOW’s Bank UI since prior to this all of my gold was deposited several times throughout the day.

Bet me it doesn’t. Each person that submitted a ticket for this that posted on the forum as well all received the same exact message response initially with zero information other than directing us to these forums and a 3rd party website (Wowhead). The ticket (at least mine) was marked as “Answered”, when in fact they were not. The second response to the ticket for both Goldcup and myself was exactly the same as well, again marked as answered, with no resolution or effort.

that doesn’t mean data can’t become corrupted.

i didn’t see any mention of UI reset.

so… you’re saying that tickets aren’t responded to, while also claiming that everyone who said that, got the same response to THEIR TICKET.

a response you’re unhappy with, is not the same as no response.

I got a response as well, though mine was different. Since I wasn’t using an add-on to track my gold and was going off the guild bank directly (not sure if you guys were too) they said they were sending it to development because mine was not the only case.

Not sure if you are trolling, or actually think you are attempting to be helpful. For someone with 6000+ posts, I am going to assume the latter but really recommend you consider actually trying to be helpful rather than just interject snarky comments.

In your first post response, you you say it is coincidental that everyone who is experiencing this is using TSM. It literally says four posts above " I do not use addons." Then this gets pointed out to you, and claim data can become corrupted and how no one mentioned a UI Reset? Seems like things that someone being helpful would have mentioned up front in the spirit of being helpful, not in such a “I told you so attitude”.

Again, you reading into something stated and either not understanding or purposefully wanting to see something else. Each of us Ricktus, Goldcup, and others including myself that have posted on this forum opened tickets on the night of 8/4 (+/- 12 hours). Each of us received the same exact response initially that was a verbatim Customer Service Template e-mail. This e-mail stated that the issue was resolved. If we needed additional assistance we needed to “Re-Open” the ticket. Thus by Re-Opening the ticket, I think it is safe to assume that unless I do something different, Blizzard is considering it closed by sending me a Mass E-Mail Template.

Lastly, I came here for help. I am missing 1.3M gold that it took a lot of hard work and effort to come into. There have been several key people that are players that have given me good feedback/guidance on where to go and what to do. I am not putting up though with people that are going to come on and blame me or tell me that because I had an addon installed that “Hell it must be your fault since you had an addon, and Blizzard did send you and e-mail, so you did receive good Customer Service”.

2 Likes

if your tickets are anything like your replies here, i can see why GMs could be resorting to responding to keywords.

re the UI reset, it’s a standard thing which should be tried to rule out any issues on the users end.
a GM can’t do this on the players behalf.
when it comes to issues like this, players should be doing a UI reset prior to opening a ticket.

that’s extremely backward thinking.

if the issue is not resolved, you re-open the ticket.

…and keep it simple.