Gold farming is a serious problem

Last Wednesday I started reporting all mages looking for the speed increase enchant. Most were 58-60. There were a couple 63 and 65. I’m horde on a medium pop server very alliance heavy. Since last Wednesday, I reported 14 mages. I have recieved 14 letters from blizzard saying they have been removed. I can’t imagine what it’s like on high pop servers.

Yea you cant be expected to keep up with them alone blizzard should add the token and payed boost to address the issue.

Wait, you can have people banned for looking for a specific enchant now?

8 Likes

When the problem is right in plain sight for so long, with no perceivable action taken, people tend to make drastic decisions. He’s not right in what he’s doing, but you can tell it’s a boiling-point reaction.

1 Like

I wonder how many of those accounts were flagged incorrectly and now a player is sitting in the support limbo hell waiting to appeal the ban.

2 Likes

u can tell when they are bots

They’re mages. Acceptable losses.

4 Likes

You are wasting your time and patience with any not fair, point finger , cry cheat etc with this company.

If you took that as unsolicited advice and just played or didn’t play; you and the people that live with you would be far happier.

1 Like

Why in the world would you report someone wanting to buy an enchant?

5 Likes

No, you didn’t.

5 Likes

i report funny name mages who live inside instances and never got anything from blizzard

sometimes i think on why even bother

No, not at all.

Subby is getting the “thanks, we’ve taken action on your report” mail which means they put the mage’s name in a pile called “bot reports we will never take a look at”.

2 Likes

Yea, I figured Blizzard doesn’t email you to tell you they banned the person you reported. That would be super weird for a company to do…

1 Like

No, I did.

I’ll take “several things that didn’t happen to the OP for $500”, Alex.

2 Likes

It’s real. You can choose to ignore the gold selling or take action. If you see it happening.

We all know what email you’re talking a out, and no, you didn’t.

I’m glad when i got the boot enchant on my mage last week this spongebob wasn’t around.

Just move along if you don’t believe. But when a mage has a random string of letters and is looking for speed enchants and stays in instances 24/7, they are probably a gold farmer.
Edit…random string of letters as a name

The letter you got was a stock generic, “Thank you for your report and we have taken action.” response.

If does not say that the person you reported was an actual bot or that someone was banned.

“Action” in this scenario is anything from, we looked and found nothing of interest, all the way up to bans, but it does not specify what exactly the “action” was.

2 Likes