Gold farm NERF?

Funny you mention

Because last month or two I have noticed that my gold runs have dropped a lot, getting MORE low vendor stuff like ring cloaks and necks, hardly any weapons. 1-2 months ago I was making 3.5-3.7k gold on mythic HFC now I am struggling to get 3k - 3.1k

I thought it was RnG but when you’re running 15 toons a week RnG can’t be THAT bad. I wonder if Blizzard did this to slow people down trying to get Brutosaur and forcing them to buy tokens?

1 Like

Hmm, perhaps. I know on the PTR, they changed the actual vendor value of the items. Tbh, I’d be hard pressed to believe Blizz actually went and changed drop rates on the live version of the game randomly when they already have a nerf coming up in pre-patch.

Not saying it’s impossible, and maybe they stealth nerfed weapon drop rates for instance. But, you also just might be unlucky :slight_smile:

What I thought but after 2 months with 15 toons a week? I doubt even my luck is that bad

They have been trying since the start of BfA to significantly reduce player incomes while increasing expenses. I think this goes back to their “everything vanilla was amazing!” attempt to restore earlier game mechanics that have been replaced by quality of life. This “poverty is good for your wow soul” is kind of hypocritical, since overall hardly any devs play the game seriously. Even Ion is just a raid logger who doesn’t do his chores.

1 Like

Wait until SL drops - I’ve been testing old raids on the PTR and in every single raid I ran (Naxx, ICC, HoF, TES, and more) not a single green/blue item dropped. That is on top of getting nothing from most of the bosses. The amount of gold I got dropped considerably from live.

I did a breakdown in another thread. It’s frightening.

:cookie:

1 Like

The source is the PTR which is some kind official. They always do this in some ways, specially yo old raids. But new farms will apear as well with new content.

Yea I’m just finishing up my 5m gold grind to get Brutosaur before it is gone, I have 2-3 weeks to go then I won’t care.

As far as what you are experiencing, I don’t think anything on PTR is set in stone till it is live or confirmed/denied by a blue :slight_smile:

No legacy loot when you’re in a raid at 50 though.

As for a blue post on any gold collecting changes, don’t hold your breath. They rarely make them.

This worries me a lot not for the gold making part but for the mog hunting…

T_T I like mog hunting

3 Likes

LOL yea I saw that thread, It’s ok, we all are allowed to break down from time to time.

Correct - except that should not affect the drops of greens/blues and I was over 50. However, there was no notice the legacy rules were in effect which means they may not have been fully loaded yet.

Relics of the past look interesting but the system doesn’t appear to be working as intended yet (reported bug just in case)

Because the ilvls of crafted goods from all expansions seem to be defaulting to basically classic endgame levels, that’s causing their vendor prices to be only a fraction of what they are on live. Given that the system does not appear to be fully functional yet, it’s hard to tell what the intended behavior of vendor prices is yet.

If vendor prices do scale to ilvl once the system is working, I expect people using crafting as a raw gold farm will craft “relics of the past V” to slot in to the item they are making to raise its ilvl to the highest tier (100). Material-wise, this is pretty trivial at the moment, but it does add an extra step of clicking.

THIS lets give it time, then we can all

1 Like

But it is all personal loot and set to scale to a minimum raid level. 10 people. So there are 9 imaginary people getting loot that you will never see. You’re just not getting your personal loot. Legacy Loot allows you to obtain all the loot whether it is your personal loot or not.

2 Likes

Ion doesn’t do transmog.

1 Like

I heard on YouTube that, apparently, the reason why people are getting a low number of items in dungeons and raids is because of the lvl squish that blizz still haven’t finished polishing. That is, since it is not polished, the loot system is on “personal loot”. In theory, it’s nothing to be worried about and it’s just a matter of time until blizz polishes the lvl squish thingy.

1 Like

I’ve been noticing the same trend, but I don’t think it’s a return-to-vanilla state of mind they want. I bet they are gonna go hard at getting us to buy tokens to afford gold things in game.

(Us being the average player who just plays and does not go out of their way to spend 6-8 hours a day with the latest vendor shuffle)

2 Likes

That is what I am I actually hoping for.

Or more likely, Blizzard is actively trying to stop people from getting the Brutosaur because they are afraid of there being too many players having access to a mount with Auction House access.

The Auction House is one of Blizzard’s primary tools for increasing the number of players in Orgrimmar and Stormwind.

Just to update observations with the lastest PTR patch for you:

course leather wristguards on live: 19g42s14c
course leather wristguards on PTR: 23s25c
course leather wristguards with relic of the past V on PTR: 24g24s87c

( relic of the past V currently requires 7 leather from any expansion )

If (big if) the costs were to remain at their current level, it will require slightly more leather but if bones are the limiting resource gold farmers run into rather than , it actually generate slightly more gold.

1 Like