Gold farm NERF?

Rumor has it that passive gold farms and bfa/legion leatherworking is getting NERFED?? Why is that? Is it true?

And can someone provide sources? I searched the forums but didn’t find anything.

2 Likes

There is a PTR … feel free to log in?

I dont have the PTR installed but if it’s true, there must be a blue post somewhere?

Is there something specific you’d like me to check?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGoy1lesN0s

I would bet the multi boomy’s in Drust just sitting farming pigs and the quill things skinning to craft and vendor might be why, maybe a hint of bots mixed in as well, just guessing.

5 Likes

If you are speaking of them putting a damper on the insta spawns where bots could kill thousands of mobs an hour for mats, then yes they did.

If it’s something else - like farming old raids, that is a question and so far Blizz has not addressed any of the concerns.

:cookie:

1 Like

Something I find really funny personally is that balance druids are the most popular bot class for AOE farming…

and their aoe in Shadowlands is now one of the few still uncapped and it got improved…

Don’t take my words to say “WAH NERF DRUIDS!” 'Cuz that’s not what i am saying, I am just saying is kinda of a really funny coincidence for me.

3 Likes

So far, it seems the very popular Skinning/LW’ing methods that are being used right now are being nerfed. The raw gold value of the items is dropping quite a bit to my understanding. I don’t think them nerfing it is extremely uncommon though. Usually comes with end of expansions.

The vendor price for WoD raid drops have also been decreased it seems. Again, seems typical. Legion raids should, in theory, become our new WoD raids for farming.

Funny you mention

Because last month or two I have noticed that my gold runs have dropped a lot, getting MORE low vendor stuff like ring cloaks and necks, hardly any weapons. 1-2 months ago I was making 3.5-3.7k gold on mythic HFC now I am struggling to get 3k - 3.1k

I thought it was RnG but when you’re running 15 toons a week RnG can’t be THAT bad. I wonder if Blizzard did this to slow people down trying to get Brutosaur and forcing them to buy tokens?

1 Like

Hmm, perhaps. I know on the PTR, they changed the actual vendor value of the items. Tbh, I’d be hard pressed to believe Blizz actually went and changed drop rates on the live version of the game randomly when they already have a nerf coming up in pre-patch.

Not saying it’s impossible, and maybe they stealth nerfed weapon drop rates for instance. But, you also just might be unlucky :slight_smile:

What I thought but after 2 months with 15 toons a week? I doubt even my luck is that bad

They have been trying since the start of BfA to significantly reduce player incomes while increasing expenses. I think this goes back to their “everything vanilla was amazing!” attempt to restore earlier game mechanics that have been replaced by quality of life. This “poverty is good for your wow soul” is kind of hypocritical, since overall hardly any devs play the game seriously. Even Ion is just a raid logger who doesn’t do his chores.

1 Like

Wait until SL drops - I’ve been testing old raids on the PTR and in every single raid I ran (Naxx, ICC, HoF, TES, and more) not a single green/blue item dropped. That is on top of getting nothing from most of the bosses. The amount of gold I got dropped considerably from live.

I did a breakdown in another thread. It’s frightening.

1 Like

The source is the PTR which is some kind official. They always do this in some ways, specially yo old raids. But new farms will apear as well with new content.

Yea I’m just finishing up my 5m gold grind to get Brutosaur before it is gone, I have 2-3 weeks to go then I won’t care.

As far as what you are experiencing, I don’t think anything on PTR is set in stone till it is live or confirmed/denied by a blue :slight_smile:

No legacy loot when you’re in a raid at 50 though.

As for a blue post on any gold collecting changes, don’t hold your breath. They rarely make them.

This worries me a lot not for the gold making part but for the mog hunting…

T_T I like mog hunting

3 Likes

LOL yea I saw that thread, It’s ok, we all are allowed to break down from time to time.

Correct - except that should not affect the drops of greens/blues and I was over 50. However, there was no notice the legacy rules were in effect which means they may not have been fully loaded yet.