Gold cap in classic

10/30/2018 07:21 AMPosted by Doranos
What does everyone think will be the gold cap. I'm assuming it will be set to 9,999,999g 99s 99c as it will be running on the current game engine. ..or would it be set to the old vanilla gold cap which I think was somewhere around 214,000? I've heard legends of a very few players in vanilla actually reaching that gold cap but I don't know that validity of them as that number is extremely high for vanilla.

Also are there any screen shots or videos of a character in vanilla at gold cap? I'm just curious if there was any actually evidence of this happening.

Would capping it at the old number help gold sellers or would that cap be so astronomically high that it wouldn't really matter?

Don't even worry about that. You will be lucky if you see 1000 on your bags
Good luck getting to 922 trillion gold with vanilla level rates of aquisition.
Hopefully they remove or re-tweak the gold rewards for completing quests past level 60. We were poor and we liked being poor. Ok, we didnt, but once they started gifting so much gold it was never a problem again. Oh, and warriors with a majority of points in protection should get a discount on repairs if we do this.
best way to make gold is to play the Auction house but its very boring for most people
11/01/2018 08:51 PMPosted by Micro
best way to make gold is to play the Auction house but its very boring for most people

Botting probably is the best way, but yeah ah was boring.

People farming poison elementals in felwood trying to get an epic dagger just to sell on ah. Is or was one of the ways I remember seeing people do.
10/30/2018 03:01 PMPosted by Cyndira
10/30/2018 07:21 AMPosted by Doranos
I'm assuming it will be set to 9,999,999g 99s 99c
You wish that amount of gold was obtainable in Classic. Also they already told us Vanilla means Vanilla. Not Vanilla means Vanilla with sprinkles.

10 million gold divided by 50g an hour (raw gold farm) would only take 200,000 hours or 8333.33 repeating of course days, or 22 years for a single person to farm.

Which would only take 30,000 people 7 hours to collectively farm 10 million gold.
Imagine if there was 3 million people farming gold for 10 hours a day they'd be raking in 547.5 billion raw gold a year.

oh god the economy is doomed

Also I think it was a natural place for blizz to go to combat gold sellers. I also see a lot of gold farming bots now so I bet dollars to donuts blizzard throws their token at us. Too bad. It will kill incentive to play for me.

Bernie Sanders would spend it in a heartbeat.

You necro’ed a YEAR old thread for a Bernie meme?.. Acta deos numquam mortalia fallunt

it doesnt change the economy at all but okay

Goblins aren’t a playable race in Classic, but they look like the type to have gold caps on their teeth.