Gold cap for account transfer

Did blizzard change the gold cap for account transfer from 5000 to 2000 for level 60? My friend transfers her account with 5000 gold several days ago but when I try today it says it cannot be more than 2000. Is this a bug?

It’s possible. The current gold cap for characters level 51-69 is 2000g. Gold cap for level 70 is 5000g.
Support article was updated three days ago:

1 Like

There was a bug that inadvertently allowed level 60+ characters to transfer up to 5k for a few days. One of the hot fixes corrected it so the character needs to be level 70 to transfer 5k.

2 Likes

The hotfix messed up everything. People were able to transfer an unlimited amount of gold previously and now you can’t even transfer 2,000 gold on a level 60. It wont go through unless you lower it to 500g despite what the FAQ says. Support has been completely helpless on the situation too.

Well, support cannot fix it…they have to wait til a fix is put in by the devs and QA.

2 Likes

It was noted in another thread that the issue has been passed along to be fixed. Since it’s likely an issue in the coding, it will take a developer to fix the issue.

3 Likes

This is indeed an known issue being worked on.

7 Likes

Thank you. And please whoever updates the community about the transfer gold cap, can they be EXPLICITLY CLEAR on what we can and cannot transfer? No interns updating us trying to sound smarter than they are using confusing words they themselves do not even know.

We would like a clear message and have this match customer support pages. Blizz updates about character transfers have directly contradicted the customer support information about transfers.

o.O

Uh, that’s not how most of their communications work, especially the official ones.

If you have examples of where the two are different, please feel free to provide them as the blues here can usually pass that along…

3 Likes

The information I provided was linked earlier in this thread, so perhaps they’re referring to that.

To be clear, the information I provided was accurate at the time I provided it. I specifically caveated my statement that the game teams regularly adjust pieces of the game based on feedback.

There are also times where bugs are involved and things are not working as expected.

So both of those came into play. The gold caps for transfers were adjusted after I made my post a few days ago. There was a bug with that change resulting in the reports we started seeing yesterday/this morning.

That bug should be fixed at this time, and our support articles are up to date with the latest gold caps.

3 Likes

thank you for clarity.

FYI FOR ANYONE FOLLOWING:

LVL 51-70 5000g