Gold buyers and banning them

Blizzard

When are you going to ban gold buyers? There’s this one dude that buys over 200k+++ per week muling them between multiple accounts and guild banks to avoid detection. He has almost every BIS on almost all his characters. The gold buying meta is starting to get sad. Before someone says you make this from the auction house per week you don’t not even close with against multiple competitors who camp the auction house all day. Gold farmers have a day and night crew they can farm the auction house 24/7 and bot on the side.

Also gold sellers are botting on low pop servers then buying up mats and transferring to high pop servers then selling them to clean their gold. Transfers need a one month timer or longer honestly or a higher level restriction. Who the f transfers a level 10 character lol.

You guys should start looking into guild bank gold log transfers to catch these guys. Who the f deposit and withdraws more than 100k at a time randomly on multiple characters.

Then you need to start looking into players are on 18-20 hours a day camping the auction house that should be a dead giveaway they are 99.9% selling gold.

7 Likes

Get it through your head… blizzard really does not care.

5 Likes

Gdkps and those that take part often pull out and place in large amounts into a gb. Yes they need to start looking at gbs vs just tossing into a gb being a way to clean the gold but there is also many legit transactions of that amount. The only issue is right now if a gold buyer gets found and the gold is in a gb it’s left it being a gb shouldent matter. That is the guilds risk if they want to give more people access.

Higher xfer restrictions based on level do little to nothing as the gold sellers more often than not use bots and it’s easy for them to bot a char to any level needed. The change to profitability is little having to level longer this only annoys players that want to transfer their toons not so much sellers. Yes there is many players that xfer level 10 toons as the char transfers restrictions are quite low so you have to if you want to move all your stuff in many cases.

As for banning gold buyers it’s not starting to get bad that ship as sales long ago. It’s been bad since vanilla classic when people seen the enforment will be at most a week ban and then taking the gold off you not a gb. So tossing into a gb on a acount you don’t care about being banned for a week means no losses if caught.

If blizzard cares it would only be a matter of looking at gbs and banning for longer terms.

1 Like

I use to know this gold seller who transfers level 10 chars almost 10++ per week to mule mats and resell them to get the gold back then sell the gold through his multiple guild banks.

who cares , find a competent guild with friends and isolate everything else

1 Like

Gold buying and gold selling hurts everyone in some way. It’s the cause and effect of it from high price mats in the auction house to gameplay. You may not think it affects you but it does.

Its too late at this point, blizzard has allowed botting to go on for far too long in this expansion. There is is just too much money in circulation now…World of Venezuela

In effect via the wow token they support it really.

This.

A lot of the players who came to NA servers after the China shutdown pay for their subs through buying the wow token.

Just trading WOTLK gold for retail gold and buying the token.

But this is not enough to cover all the gold demand that comes from people dropping 300k gold a week in gdkps. GBANK loophole needs closed.

Gold buying for Your US servers should be allowed. other regions allow WoW tokens in Classic. Why not allow it in the US as well? Zero reason why WoW tokens are allowed on non U S severs but not on the U S ones. lame. So no banning gold buyers. Blizz allows people to buy gold from them some places and not others. Should be the exact same everywhere but it isnt.

1 Like

Blizz does not care. Accept it or quit.

What average person knows this information? Are you a bot or gold buyer? Because I didn’t know that’s how it’s done, I’m assuming blizzard does but you would expect them to know that kind of information. So causes me to wonder why are you going into a basic wotlk forum and not account forum to tell blizzard; unless you’re trying on the down low to teach people how to buy gold or something like that.

Now days anyone not living under a rock knows how gold buying works.

It’s so common place you have to intentionally be avoiding info to not get the info. Speaking as one that dosent buy gold I know exactly how to do it and clean gold if I wanted as the info is public and rather widely spread. It’s in the best interest of the gold sellers to make the info widespread and they did so as by having people feel it’s safe to buy people buy. If the info is hard to find it’s hard to get new buyers.

So yes the avg player knows it the odd player out that likly dosebt play enough or care enough about the game are the ones that might not now basic info like when you buy gold toss it into a gb to “clean” it.

1 Like

Well not all people make this game their life and no I didn’t know the in’s and out’s how to buy gold. I just do the farming thing in HoS or HoL if I want gold

For a long time I felt like you did… You want to play in a world where everyone is at the same level of competition… No cheaters… Because cheaters ruin the fun and steal the prize…

However you haven’t thought it through… NO MATTER what you do they will find a way to cheat! Bots are just the newest method… You are up against too many of them… Blizzard figured this out and if they were smart they made it profitable for themselves by making them play by new rules…

Most online games have some form of cheating… Most people who never cheat play solo games or quickly find themselves the underdog…

:bat:

Never once said all people did anything or otherwise, I specifically mentioned the groups I was talking about.

You are the one that suggested the avg person wouldebt have that info but they def would. Hell on this fourm in the last week that same info I have seen in 4 different threads.

1 Like

Right…
The information is out there, people doing what they should and gathering information so they are well informed before posting on something is a good thing.

I certainly don’t know how to hack my Nintendo 3DS but the information is readily available.

Wow you sure have to justify your actions, if I made a mistake in saying something let it be my fault. But you clearly have to justify your actions in making sure to let me know what I did wrong. And if misunderstood you’re thread I am sorry, that wasn’t my intention; but more for making my point, so to the majority of people on these forums may know more on this kind of stuff. But I don’t and I’m glad I don’t

To be fair, the more people who know about it = the more it will be abused.

In theory this would get blizzard to act, but probably not.

1 Like

So I’m a bot and a gold buyer now? No I have friends and know people who sell gold they have been doing this for years through the guild bank. Selling gold through guild banks does not get you banned. I’m getting tired of gold sellers and gold buyers cheating their way against legit players like myself. Selling gold and buying gold through guild banks is the real problem because it makes gold undetectable and not bannable. I’m sharing this information because I want blizzard to start banning gold buyers and gold sellers. I had enough with them cheating their way and ruining my experience. This is a clear cut message to blizzard and the community on what goes on behind the scenes that most people don’t know about. I know people in top end guilds doing this method and sharing it on discord.