Going OOM in pvp

Hello, I’ve been having an issue where i see to oom really fast in arenas and long bgs fights. I try to pay attention and make smart choices for healing. Hardly ever hard cast. But it always seems like I oom faster than the other team. Is this just a pally thing cause of our dps mixing in? Or am I doing something wrong? Thank you for your input.

3 Likes

are u using flash of light? when other healers go oom i usually still have 50% mana

In 9.1, paladin PvP Mana regen got nerfed by about 30% across the board, and additionally the mana cost of Holy Shock and Crusader strike were increased (and damage nerfed) for PvE reasons.

This carried over into PvP without Blizzard doing much to address it.

Since then, Paladins will generally go OOM faster than most other healers, especially very mana efficient ones like Resto Druids.

In 3v3 Arena, your best bet is to play with either fast pace Turbo comps, like Enhance Warrior-- so the games are over before you go oom.

Or play with Mage/Monk so they can utilize kiting, giving you more opportunities to drink.

In 2v2 Arena, you are mainly out of luck, sadly. 2v2 is usually small enough scale that a DPS can stick to you 100% of the time, making drinking opportunities very limited. It’s an extremely rough bracket for Paladins to compete right now because they lack mana efficiency and a secondary source of offensive pressure/control.

In RBGs, your best bet is to stay 40 yards and drink as much as possible, try to prioritize the regen leafs too, to stay active for longer periods of time.

It’s rough being a Hpal right now. :frowning:

5 Likes

Hardly ever use flash of light except when its a panic moment. I try and stay with the usual HS, BF, WOG. Ill do a holy light when i need a bigger heal or to give the 15% reduction. but i do try and output a lot of dps when i can.

2 Likes

in RBGs our disc and resto usually go oom before I do.

DPSing while healing is more of a PvE thing (imo) I’ll smack somebody with crusader strike for HP if they come near me or toss out some DPS if I think it’ll help secure a killing blow but that’s about it.

Same, I dont think I’ve pressed that button in years lol

Honestly, the 30% reduced mana regen in pvp needs to be reverted and Hpally would be balanced. Doing some RBGs last night and after extended group fights I would have to drink just to get my mana back, you couldn’t just wait for it to come back, it was like it didn’t move at all. I understand drinking if you have to get back in combat as quickly as possible, but waiting several minutes and it’s like you have 0 mana regen, a little over the top.

4 Likes

Hpals are top tier atm. Not sure what you mean its tough

imagine being a hpally crying about mana regen…dead thread

As a HoTA HPal, mana regen is fine, I never go oom. You must be casting FoL which you should pretty much never do.

cant speal to rbgs, but in 3v3 hpals are one of the worst healers right now.

1 Like