Going back to classic

There’s two ways of thinking about the queue times, neither of which I believe we can say for certain:

1. Queue times will continue to rise for horde as PvE alliance players get their gear and stop caring about ranking. This and/or alliance players either leaving or swapping horde.

2. Queue times will decrease for horde as more horde swap to alliance for faster queue times.

I find the former to be more likely as I don’t find many posts talking about horde rerolling alliance and I don’t see the alliance on my realm, Fairbanks, ever increasing.

But ranking continues at the same rate for both factions because you only compete with your own faction. So I don’t see why this would cause more Alliance to quit than Horde. And we already know there are more Horde queuing so if the same percentage of Horde and Alliance quit after ranking then that means more Horde quit after ranking.

You are competing against your own faction… but only on your own realm. Since a majority of the total alliance population is on PvE servers, I feel like they won’t have as much competition with each other when not everyone on that server even cares about PvP.

Also with a fewer population count on your realm it’s easier to get to the top if I remember correctly. I’ve heard stories of people on the alliance who transfer to a nearly dead server, rank, then transfer back. This is something that I do not believe the horde can do as reliably with their large player count.

As a final side note, these are just my speculations. Either outcome is possible since we can’t predict the future.

He said back to classic. Sounds like he might have already had an alliance and doesn’t want to play it anymore?

Maybe consider the most hopeless horde server, pve for less competition.

1. Queue times will continue to stay the same cause PVPers want to PVP

2. Queue times will decrease for horde as more horde stop PVPing cause they got their gear and don’t care about ranking.

3. Queue times will decrease for horde as more alliance start to casually rank once the initial zerg dies out

4. Queue times will increase as more alliance are rerolled in order to have better queues than they had on horde.

There’s quite a few different options.

I’m sure these are possibilities, however I don’t see many people proclaiming to have rerolled from their 60’s on horde to going alliance and getting to 60. I’d be very happy to see it, though I think the time investment (And difficulty if done on a PvP realm) might be a taller order for some.

Only time will tell what happens to the queue times. I personally don’t PvP too often since I don’t enjoy it that much.

I’ve got a 60 pally. The queue times are nice, but the state of PVP is still flaming hot trash. My games as a pug, since I don’t have epic riding or many friends ally side consist of:

1. Empty AV loss

2. Ghetto premade where everyone is complaining and spamming discord.

3. Pug v Pug where they last 25+ minutes and sometimes win sometimes lose.

The first two are super annoying.

2 Likes

That’s actually awesome to hear, thanks for helping the faction balance. I also agree, those are really annoying problems. Wish PvP wasn’t trash, maybe I’d play it more.

1 Like

This makes me sad because I have really good memories of Vanilla BG’s.

Feels like the Retail zoomers came in and got all spreadsheety with Classic and moved the entire PvP experience to discord.

Wheeee…

I’ve been leveling an alt on Stalagg and have run into many former alliance players who re rolled. When I asked them why they did it 100% of them pointed to p2. I can only see this trend to snowball as time goes on.