Gofundme for free server transfers

So the problem with free server transfers was that people were worried about moving to a dead server, right?

What if Blizz provides a page that allows people to sign off on their willingness to transfer? That way you know, for example, 2000 players from your server are willing to move. Then they can commit knowing they’ll have numbers at their destination.

I don’t know what you consider to be a “dead server,” but I play on a smaller server (it certainly isn’t ‘dead’), and I like the $25 barrier to entry. If you don’t like our server enough to pay $25 to come, then I don’t want you to come. When Blizzard opens free transfers, smaller servers with nice communities instantly get overwhelmed and faction balances destroyed. No free transfers.

4 Likes

Unironically why the price of disney tickets is a very good thing.

That’s valid. Maybe allow the super overpopulated servers to split into two? Or force the split.

A server split would be best, as long as it was monitored. Having 90% of the Alliance leave and 90% of the horde stay wouldn’t solve anything.

Blizzard should also allow guild transfers. If the GM applies to move, everyone in guild is offered the option to follow.

1 Like

I think it’s possible for Blizzard to improve realm transfers. Perhaps some kind of group rate for guilds, or for players moving ALL their family’s 6 characters.

But it’s tricky. How can they add something, that won’t be abused? If a family or guild can move, so can a gold-selling group or multiboxer.

It’s a complicated problem. I’ll let Blizzard figure it out.

But, in my opinion, this is not a multi-realm game. Blizzard won’t support anyone (goldseller or honest player) who adopts realm-hopping as a strategy.

Yes, a server split would be great.

But how can you avoid splitting up guilds or “friends”? Is it even possible? Or would it just guarantee endless complaints? Would the number of players who “want to play with my friend” move from 5 a day to 500 a day?

And what about the thousands of players who moved to these servers BECAUSE they were over-populated? If the split opened up realm transfers, then all of those players would promptly transfer and within weeks we would have queues again.