Godzilla vs. Hedorah (upcoming short)

This is the second installment of the new special effects “Godzilla: Godzilla Appears at Godzilla Fes”, which was announced at last year’s “Godzilla Fes Online 2020” and was very popular. The completely new special effects title for “Godzilla Fes 2021”, directed by Kazuhiro Nakagawa, is “Godzilla VS Hedorah”!

During the filming that took place in late September, an open set of the industrial area that will be the setting for this film was built on the Toho Studios grounds, nearly three times the size of the previous film. Filming took place over three days under the unseasonably hot sun, and the Godzilla and Hedorah suits actually used in the filming of “Godzilla Final Wars” were used to create a powerful battle. In addition, the opening and closing images were created by painter Akiko Nakayama, who has been active in festivals in Japan and abroad, including the closing ceremony of the Tokyo Olympics held in August. Godzilla vs. Hedorah" is a reinterpretation of the world of “Godzilla vs. Hedorah” and features fluid, life-like imagery. 50 years after “Godzilla vs. Hedorah” was released in 1971, Hedorah, the monster of pollution, and Godzilla, the king of monsters, engage in a powerful battle in an industrial area! Will Godzilla win? or will Hedorah win? Witness the title match of the century!

No matter how many billions of dollars in CGI you throw at me, two actors in rubber suits will ALWAYS get me hyped!

1 Like

Took them long enough to actually do something with that Hedorah suit. He was just a brief cameo in Final Wars lol

Hedorah had turned 50th this year its also way to help celebrate his birthday as well.

His movie was bonkers but I guess even Hedorah deserves a birthday party

its is but its cult favorite. All Monster attack was far worst Godzilla film than this film.

I wouldn’t say worse it was just different. A heroic Ghidorah was neat. And that design of Godzilla was creepy.

I just remember not liking when some kids are trying to kill a dog. Yeah duh they’re not really putting a dog in danger when filming but it just bugged me at how oddly dark that was even by godzilla standards

GMK, Toho always wanted tried to do different with Godzilla brand to make it interesting. Spirit of those who fell in WWII resurrected Godzilla for vengeance.

At lease Mothra saved that poor dog. If you saw Gojira during the 3rd acted where you see Godzilla going on a Ramage in Tokyo saw a mother with her two kids telling them “we’re going see your father soon, just little bit longer, just little bit longer.”

Yeah Mothra’s a precious moth as always so that was nice.

Unless you pissed her off by either kidnapping Shobijin or Take Kajiu’s bone and turned into a mech.

Happy Birthday Big G!

1 Like