God modded and forced out of a guild for different rp

Hello! IC name is Daren, OOC name is Lawrence, nice to meet you. I was forced out of a BELF guild which I will not name BUT closely related to the sunwell. First of all of it, the co gm/lord god modded my rp about a tabard. Which the “lady” saw this the tabard being “ripped” up kicked my character out of the guild. After words I was confused! I then pointed out I never emoted this but was god modded this. After a bit of OOC () talk, this did not persuade the guild kick though. The rper behind the lady sought another reason to kick the Daren character out of the guild.

My character was not the normal “belf” type. He was a low borne. From the slums of elven kind. I was told IC the reason for the kick is that Daren did not attend events! Which was only posted on OOC discord app! Whoa!~ So someone who only plays wow can now rp with the guild unless they have discord?? Crazy!

Anyway! This isn’t a don’t join them type of thing. Just be careful what kind of guild your character joins! You may be forced out because of OOC tools!

1 Like

Oh my god… I haven’t seen a post like this in ages.

Things are looking up!

1 Like

Seeing this I figured I would share my experience with this particular guild’s leadership.

I spoke with them off and on on discord asking questions to help clarify some information for my character given they advertise as a Heavy RP guild. I even wrote in some things to the background that would help explain my absence with work and just a hectic life in general. We arranged an IC interview and that’s where the helpful and friendly banter ended

As far as the RP itself they remained IC and held to their character/ guild’s belief in BE/ Sunwell focused theme with traditionalist mentality and general superiority that the BE are known for. Given how I presented the character I brought to the interview (a disillusioned and older disgruntled warrior who could care less about nobility or class and believes the sunwell is the reason the BE were targeted and that a second one would make them a target again) it obviously didn’t go well IC and I was told my character would not be a good fit. No harm no foul I presented something that was against the norm and it didn’t go well.

What struck me as odd is afterwards I sent messages in-game and on discord saying thank you for the RP and that I had fun with it and heard nothing back. Like the IC interview somehow changed the helpful and open minded OOC communications. Given the complete lack of OOC follow up or even acknowledgement I decided not to try and bring a different character in that would have fit their theme.

This is by no means a bad guild. I’ve had good interactions with other members being helpful on discord and some dungeons in the game. However, if you are new to RP or do not have a character that doesn’t at face value fit their model than I would advise to proceed with caution.

1 Like

You do realize you’re giving them free advertisement, right?

Not that I think any of us mind… This is great!

And your replies help keep this thread at the top. So we get to share our experiences and they get advertising. Win win for everyone thank you for your help. Bless you for your service good sir.

Someone could start a rp based competing Blood Elf guild called the Repentants as a take on the Scryer mentality of humility and service ?

1 Like

Pffft. Screw that.

The Sin’dorei are a proud people who are supposed to bow to no one! Or when faced with a being of power, bend it to their will!

But with how they’re writing Sylvanas and the forsaken, we can essentially expect…