Gnomish net o matic projector backfires WAY more than it should

It backfires more than it even works properly, it definitely was NOT like this. Please fix.

Nice evidence.

They should investigate it, does it look like its my job to do that? THey are a multi billion dollar company. Fix your 15 year old game. I am just REPORTING a bug, not willing to fix it.

1 Like

Alright, have fun.

Can confirm. 50+ % backfire rate. Honestly I had to just stop using it, and the general consensus is that you shouldn’t unless you have escape artist available.

As a gnome mage I don’t have much problem but it is true it fails most of the time.

I can also confirm it appears to back fire way more than normal, just made it and used it 3 times, all 3 times were backfire, not sure if it is still worth using at this point

at least that item does occasionally work If thats any consolation the jumper cables have never actually worked for me in the entire time I have had them, not even a single time that they have worked. maybe other players have had better luck than I have, but mine have no kidding never functioned at all even once. I remember them being more like maybe 70% effective in vanilla, but here they just dont, it burns the cooldown but then nothin, but I could be just super unlucky.

ya back fire rate is absurdly high.

its probably just 33.3% chance for all. no idea what its supposed to proc like @ all.

I must be super unlucky because mine have never worked LOL.

They had to copy all the old data over to a new database for classic. It’s possible the success rate value is inverted or in the wrong database cell.

Rockethelm is also breaking early every time as well. The 30 second incapacitate was very reliable for the full duration in vanilla. Not so much in classic.

A workaround for the netomatic is to macro:
/use free action potion
/use gnomish netomatic

You can check old wowhead comments and see people complaining about the helm not lasting the full 30 seconds. You can also look at the comments for the net and see people complaining about that.

Yeah now that you mention it i think it was patched to be inconsistent at the end of vanilla.